Laxus X Reader: He Hits You / Near-Death PT 2 (AU)

Trigger warning

Edited 13/5/16

-----

Your POV

I feel myself drifting in a white wonderland.

'What is this place?' I thought to myself.

Suddenly, an all-too familiar laugh rings out.

'Laxus...' I regain my footing and start running towards the laughter. Well, more like dragged myself and / or limped because both my feet were crushed due to impact. I get over a large, green hill and see my former self seated with Laxus. Tears threaten to fall down my cheeks as memories surged through me. I sat there crying.

Laxus' POV

I sat in Y/N's hospital room, after I yelled at the nurse into getting her to the Emergency Room.

She was finally stable after a while, but the doctors say she might have an infection in both her legs, so they might have to cut her legs off, from the knee-down. All of a sudden, Y/N's heart rate spiked and she started shaking on the hospital bed. Nurses and doctors rushed in and one nurse pushed me out of the room and said, 'I'm sorry, sir, but you need to leave the room.'

'I never should' ve...' And with that, I fell asleep.

-

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I look up to see most of the guild there.

'We're here.' After a couple of minutes, a doctor came out, holding a clipboard.

'Y/N L/N is now stable. Her heart rate spiked because her infection got worse. We had no choice but to cut her legs off. You are now able to see her.'

I rushed in to see Y/N laying on the hospital bed, surrounded by white everything. I checked the clipboard, attached to Y/N's bed.

'Broken ribs and legs. Broken most bones, except spine and head. Somehow, miraculously survived three hits from a car. Used to have leg infection. Legs amputated, from knee-down. May be in a coma. Suffered head damage and may have a concussion. Glass plates stuck in her arm, already removed.'

I placed the clipboard back and waited for Y/N to wake up. I stayed there by her side until she woke up.

Day 1 - Breathing normally, still hasn't woken yet.

Day 2 - Breathing spiked, doctors checked, but nothing happened.

-

Day 25 - Woke up.

I was sleeping, holding Y/N's hand. Until I felt a slight squeeze. I jolted up to see Y/N, her eyes fluttering as if she was trying to understand her surroundings.

'I'm sorry for hitting you, Y/N.' I hugged her. She didn't flinch and hugged back. I kissed her forehead and a nurse came in.

'We will be putting your prosthetic legs now, Miss L/N.'

3 months later 

-

Your POV

It's been three months since I came out of hospital. I've managed to get used to my new prosthetic legs. I've been on a small job for about 2 days, now, and Laxus joins me every time.

-----

In Wonderland - Mad Hatter