Gray X Reader:Jealousy Hit Hard

Edited 16/6/16

Plot: You and Gray aren't boyfriend and girlfriend yet but you get so jealous.

-----

Y/N's POV

That jerk... Flirting with Juvia like that. I want him... But no, it seems like he's more into Juvia than me. I'll just leave him.

I just saw Juvia and Gray flirting with each other. He always does this. Why do you have to tease me and then break my heart, Gray? I push too hard, maybe? Do I aim too high or too low? I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but whatever it is, I'm breaking my heart even more. I knew that my heart would break at one point or another, but I just keep on falling for him. Good-bye Gray, hope you have  a wonderful time with Juvia...

I run home through the guild doors and enter my apartment. I slide down against the door and cover my face with my hands.

-

It's been a week since I've last been to the guild. Apparently, everyone's worried about me. The only reason I'm not going is because of Gray. No one knows the story and no one knows about him being my massive crush. I hear knocking on my door and also multiple voices that seem very familiar to me.

'Oi, Ice Princess, this is your fault!'

'My fault?! How can it be my fault, you dumb Dragon Slayer?'

'Tch, don't come back looking all guilty if Y/N doesn't forgive you, then.'

'How is this my fault, still?!'

'Oh my God, you just don't get it, do you? I'm dumb, I'll admit that, but even in this situation, apparently, you're the dumber one!'

'Yeah, of course, Flame Brain, that you're the dumber one out of the two of us but - Oh... SHIT! Y/N, OPEN THE DOOR!'

I snap my head towards the door. I hear Natsu and Gray fighting right outside. I swiftly and quietly grabbed a knife from the kitchen and hid under my bed.

'OK, Y/N! That's it! We're breaking down your door!' The two kick the door open.

Gray's POV

'Y/N, where are you?!' I try searching in her kitchen, where usually, the smell of pancakes and waffles could be smelt outside, but the once fragrant kitchen faded away.

'She's not in the kitchen!'

'Well, no shit!' Geez, don't get all sassy on me.

I decided to check in her room since she always hangs out there. I see the bedroom door parted slightly. Hm...

I open the creaky door and look around. The room is a mess with pictures of us together.

'W-what?' I pick up one of the pictures and examine it. It was our most recent photo, about 2 weeks ago, when we went to the water park. I gotta admit, she did look beautiful in her swimsuit and we were posing for the camera when Natsu the Idiot came and splashed us with water.

Too lost in my own thoughts, I didn't hear the sound of a knife whipping through the air, landing on the wall, next to my head. I froze. I couldn't move and it felt like I was being suffocated. The knife is ripped out of the wall and I hear faint whimpers. Turning around, I see a red, puffy-eyed Y/N.

'Y/N...'

'I'm o-OK.'

'No, you're not.'

'Yes, I am.' Goddamn it, Y/N, you're so damn stubborn.

'No, you're not.'

'Just leave me alone.'

'Y/N...'

'No, Gray. I'm sick and tired of you.'

'W-what?'

'You don't know the real me.'

'Yes, I do. Of course, I do! I'm your best friend!' Best friend... Ouch... That hurt to even say the words, even when I know that I love her.

'Tch, best friends... Yeah, right.'

'Y/N...'

'Don't Y/N me, Gray.' I grab Y/N's shoulders lightly and she flinches.

'I won't hurt you, Y/N.'

'Try telling that to your past self.'

Shit, she got me there.

'Go away, then.'

'Y/N, look at me.'

'No.'

'Y/N.' This time, I say it in a harder tone.

'No.'

'Y/N, I swear to God, just look at me for a minute.'

'Fine.' She looks up and I see multiple emotions wash over her face. Sadness, anger, jealousy, love, pain. Wait, what? Jealousy and love?

'Y/N. This time, I'm not gonna let you go.' I move over to sit next to her and I wrap my arms around her. She just melts in my arms and starts lightly hitting my chest.

'I'm never letting go.'

'You're a fucking asshole, you know that?'

'I'm sorry, Y/N. I love you.' I blurt out. I realize what I say and cover my mouth. Oh, shit.

'I love you too...' I hear Y/N's voice so quietly and her heartbeat slows.

'Y/N?' Her breathing slowly steadies itself and fixes on a pattern. You're just sleeping.

I lightly stroke her hair and carry her bridal style to her bed. I crawl into bed with her and I pull her closer to me.

'Gray...' I hear Natsu trying so hard to whisper from Y/N's bedroom door.

'What?'

'You love her, don't you?' Natsu says with a smirk.

'Shut up.'

'Don't rape her.'

'What the fuck, Natsu?'

-----

In Wonderland - Mad Hatter