Gajeel X Shy!Reader: Run To Him (REQUEST)

Dedixated to sparklewhale :)

SORRY FOR THE MASSIVE DELAY

Just imagine that's him turning aro

WRITING PROMPT

They were looking, but I didn't care - I ran to him anyway

ENJOY

--0--

Y/N's POV

I've been shy my whole entire life and I've tried to change, always. I've always wanted to be more outgoing and more comfortable with other people.

However, people said that my silence was worth a lot. I could sneak up on people and scare them - even if I unintentionally scared the shit out of them. On the flip side, it was pretty cool if I wanted to do a prank on someone or something.

I'm not exactly talkative or energetic, as some say. I'm more of a relaxed, chill person who just likes to keep to themselves.

'Y/N!' I hear Laxus call my name.

'Yeah?' I run upstairs, since I was an S-Class mage.

'Did you do this?' He points to a bowl on a table. I shrug before he demonstrates. His hands grip onto the bowl before trying to lift it up. It was stuck to the table with extra-strengthened glue. I laugh internally before shaking my head. I hear Laxus sigh loudly before I hear the bowl smashing.

'Goddamnit! I'm gonna kill whoever did this!' Laxus roars. I walk downstairs to see everyone looking upstairs weirdly.

-

'Shrimp!' I hear Gajeel call me by my pet name. Secretly, I both loved it and hated it. Hated it because I was short as hell (sorry if you're a tall giraffe...) 

But I also loved it because it was my own unique pet name. (let's just say that Levy is taller than you)

I turn around to see Gajeel waving me over. I walk over to him - which was outside the guild.

'Yeah?' I shyly say.

'I wanted to tell you something.'

'Me too!' I really wanted to confess to him, but I've never had the guts to do it. Until now.

'Really? OK, you or me first?' I shrug before Gajeel starts.

'Alright, I'll start. Y/N, I think you're the most wonderful, sarcastic, sassy, smart, beautiful woman in the whole wide world. I hope you accept me as your boyfriend, even if I'm not going to be good at it.' I stare in shock at his confession. He looks down.

Shit, I really need to say something...

'It's OK... You probably don't like me back. See ya, around, shrimp...' Gajeel starts walking before turning his head backwards slightly to give a small grin and a wave.

I messed up our chances of ever being together...

-

A few days have passed and Gajeel has been continuously going on jobs. It was like his whole life depended on it.

He would always eat, sleep, drink, go on jobs or play with Lily. That was his whole life for a few days now.

'Gajeel.' I tap him from behind on the shoulder when I spot him walking back from a job. He turns around and when he spots me, his face was covered with a dark blush of red. He quickly shrugged my hand off his shoulder and started running into a crowd, hoping to lose me.

'Gajeel! Wait!' I yell after him, chasing him through the crowd. I finally spot him taking a rest, buying a stick full of hot chips.

'Gajeel!' I yell out, causing a few surrounding people to look at me, including Gajeel. He looks around frantically, looking for a way out, but before he runs, I jump on him. (pretend the media is him going to look at you and eating his hot chips)

'I love you too!' I blurt out, despite my shyness. Gajeel drops his almost-gone stick of hot chips.

'Y-You do?' Gajeel's mouth drops wide open.

Y-Yeah...' I pant out from the running.

'Yes!' A group of surrounding people clap for us and a few Fairy Tail members managed to cheer loudly, despite all the commotion.

--0--

SORRY IF THIS ISN'T WHAT YOU WANTED

-AwkwardCinnamonRoll