7 Minutes in Heaven: GrUvia

Edited 12/7/16

Unfortunately, guys, not all imagines have happy endings. This is a sad ending one between Gray and Juvia.

Angst ending w/ a tiny bit of trigger warning.

-----

Juvia's POV

I reach into the hat and pull out...

A small ice dagger.

'Eh, nani?' I say out loud. Mira approaches me from behind and pushes me towards the closet. She whispers in my ear, 'He's already waiting for you over there.'

Hm, that's weird. Usually, the guy we choose is sitting in the circle. Juvia hopes that I got Gray-sama!

I fling the door open and I see a wide-eyed Gray sitting there. My heart starts to race as my hands start to shake. Gray-sama looks at me quizzically as I sit opposite of him. The silken clothes inside the closet that were hanging made it hard to sit down, as they were blocking the facial features of the other person.

'Don't have too much fun in there, you two!'

'Mira!' Gray and I yell out in unison. She closes the door and locks it. The familiar clicking sound of the last 20 couples rang out and darkness draped the whole room.

'I-I love y-you, Gray-sama!' My heart leaps out of my chest and it feels like I'm gonna throw up. My head starts pounding and my palms start to sweat more than ever. I brace myself for any rejection coming.

'I'm sorry, Juvia. I don't love you back. I love someone else.' My head starts spinning even more and my heart shatters into pieces. Tears start forming in my eyes and they start to well up. My vision is now blurred due to the tears.

'It's OK, Gray-sama... There was a chance that it was gonna happen sooner or later.'

'I'm sorry, Juvia...' I kick the door open and Gray stares at me whilst biting his lip, looking as if he regretted his decision. I close the door again and lean myself against it. Sliding down, all these thoughts come into mind.

'Real smooth... Real smooth...' I run my fingers through my hair and sigh. Mira spots me and excuses herself from the group. No one else seems to notice but Mira, as they are all too busy joking around with a joke that Natsu had told the whole group, something involving his ass.

'Hey, you're OK, Juvia.'

'Gray-sama rejected me... He doesn't love me back.' I cry as the tears fall onto my hands.

'Maybe he was too scared to admit it?'

'Did you see the way he looked? He said he loves someone else.'

Mira rubs my back as Gray is still stuck in the closet. We hear shouting from where Gray is.

'Ice Make Magic: Ice Cannon!' As the cannon charges, Mira forces me to move away from the blast radius, but I don't bother. The cannon fires and Mira and I get flung back. Mira is only injured with a few noticeable small cuts and splinters. Since I didn't move away from the blast radius, as I am flung backwards, my back hits the wall and I am knocked unconscious from the impact.

-

'Gray, you bastard!'

'What?!'

'You almost killed Juvia!'

'Oh, shit. Juvia!' Gray runs over to Juvia's limp body as the impact of the blast had almost killed her.

'No, shit! Stay with me, Juvia!' Gray places his hand on Juvia's body and tries to feel around for her heartbeat.

'Fuck!' Juvia's heartbeat is gone and Gray goes wide-eyed. He cries as he hugs Juvia's body closer.

'Why...? I never should've agreed to play. But I did...'

--

The next day, a funeral was prepared for Juvia. Her dead body was placed in a coffin and everybody cried. Many people tried not to cry, but it was very clear that they missed Juvia dearly. People such as Natsu, Elfman and Makarov tried to be strong, but only ended up breaking down on the person next to them, with their heads leaning on their shoulder. Natsu's head on Lucy's shoulder; Elfman on Evergreen; and Makarov on Gray.

Everyone gave a flower to Juvia's prone body and when it came to Gray's turn, he placed a blue rose and his necklace with Juvia. He also gave her a small kiss on her cold lips. Gray had already missed the way she said 'Gray-sama!' from across the Guild and also misses her little smiles whenever someone cracked a joke. But now, he wouldn't see her smile at all anymore.

A few more other people gave their flowers to Juvia and as it was time for the service, as multiple people said their speeches and many more cried, Juvia's coffin was lowered into the dirt below, buried 3 metres under.

--

As the months passed, Gray misses Juvia very dearly. He tries to be strong for everyone else, but everytime he arrives at home, he would break down, crying himself to sleep, mumbling how it was his fault. He would start hallucinating and imagining that Juvia was right there, next to him, when he slept. But as always, she wasn't there.

-----

In Wonderland

Mad Hatter