Natsu X Reader: Just A Bet (AU) (REQUEST)

Dedixated to wolfgamergirl2101 :)

Sorry for the late update, my brother has been on my laptop playing games and since I couldn't type on my iPad, I just went to play Assassin's Creed

Trigger warnings: Relationship issues; thoughts about body image and personality

Song: Coffee by BTS (coincidentally was listening to it when I was writing the Coffee Shop part

ENJOY

--0--

THIRD PERSON POV

'N-Natsu...?' Y/N whispers to herself on the school rooftop. She overhears and sees Natsu and his group of friends talking.

'Dude, just tell her.' Gray says and lightly punches Natsu on the arm.

'No way. She'll freak when she hears it.' He rubs his arm where Gray punched him.

'If you don't tell her, you're going to break her heart.' Sting says.

'Wendy, what do you think?' Natsu asks the younger girl.

'Leave me out of this, I'm not part of this conversation.' Wendy says and walks off. She bumps into Y/N accidentally and apologises swiftly before turning to leave.

'Natsu, your love relationship won't go anywhere with her on your back.'

'I know that... That's why I've been secretly dating Lisanna and Lucy.'

'WHAT?!' All the remaining Dragon Slayers either stared at him with wide eyes, looked at him with anger or spat out their drink or food.

'Dude, that's disgusting.' Natsu refers to Gajeel who spat out some of the food he was eating.

'You're dating three girls?!'

'Well, two once I drop Y/N.' Natsu grins and starts fiddling with his fingernails.

'Well, I guess I better tell Y/N the news.'

'Don't bother. She already heard it from the source...' Y/N emerges from the corner.

'Y/N...' The whole group stares at her in shock.

'So, that's what I was to you? A bet?' Y/N scoffs.

'Y/N! You don't get it.' Natsu grips his girlfriend's wrist with ease.

'What? I don't get it? Get what? That I was just a bet?' Y/N remarks back at him and he drops his arm in shock, giving the girl enough time to walk away. Once she was far enough, she entered the Girl's Restroom and stared at herself in the sink.

'What? Is it because I'm too clingy? Too boring? Not pretty enough o-or smart enough?' Many questions flew from the girl's mouth, questioning her own body and personality. She smacked her hands on the sink and mentally broke down.

'Y/N...' Wendy suddenly emerges from a locked cubicle. (Totally not creepy at all)

'Wendy! Did you know about this? T-This bet? This whole thing?' The older girl starts making random gestures.

'Y-Yeah... I just didn't know how to tell you. I didn't want to break your heart.'

'So then, you left me to find out this way?'

'I didn't know how to deal with this, Y/N...'

'Ah, it's OK, Wendy. I would've found out sooner or later.' Y/N rubbed the younger girl's head.

-

THREE MONTHS LATER

After Y/N graduated, she set off on her path to University. She walked into the local coffee shop which served as her part-time job. She put her apron on and started preparing some coffee. She put some in the freezer which was the shop's popular chilled drinks.

After making a few drinks, the H/C-haired female walked up to the front of the shop and flipped the closed sign, making it an open sign.

Soon enough, as a few customers filed in for their daily morning coffee before work, an unfamiliar customer appeared in the shop. He had salmon hair and a white scarf around his neck.

'Hey, uh... Can I order a... Creme Brulee?'

'Hot or cold, sir?'

'Cold, please.'

'What size cup?'

'Regular.'

'Ice and whipped cream?'

'Yes on both.'

'This order will contain coffee, are you OK with that?'

'Yup.'

'That will be $5.80, sir.' The man handed Y/N the money and as he looked up, he was shocked to see the female.

'Y/N...'

'How do you know my na-' She was cut off by seeing Natsu.

'Natsu! So... How are you?'

'I'm good, got into a decent university. You?'

'Same. I'm going to go prepare your coffee.'

-

After Y/N prepared Natsu's cup of coffee, she made some more for other customers until all the customers were drinking or eating. She noticed Natsu still sat a table, not even on his phone.

'Natsu, what are you still doing here?'

'Waiting for you.' Y/N blushed. 'No, damn it, brain. You can't fall for the guy who broke your heart. I still remember what you did, Natsu, you bastard.'

'So...' Y/N tried to break the awkward silence with an even more awkward question. (Totally me XD)

Natsu shuffled in his seat uncomfortably and looked at his empty cup of coffee.

'I broke it off with them. Put too much stress and drama on me.' He replied. 'So, how about you?'

'Been doing alright. No relationships, though.' Y/N chuckles at the thought of another relationship.

'Then... Why not start another relationship?'

'With who? My dog?' Y/N sassily remarks.

'No. Me.'

'Natsu...'

'Please, Y/N...' Natsu gave Y/N puppy dog eyes.

'You'll have to make me fall for you all over again and I'll only give you one chance. You mess that chance up, you're not getting any more chances.' Y/N warningly replied and pointed a finger at him.

'Yes! Thank you so much! I won't let you down!'

--0--

OK, well...

Awkward twist there

So, I kinda had to search up ideas and this was one of the ones I hadn't done in this book

So I hope you guys enjoyed it

Sorry if I made you die

Thank you guys so much for this book's development, it means so much to me <3

In Wonderland

Mad Hatter