Chapter 12: Greek Giants

-Chapter 12-

It was Dr. Green who walked me to math class. He made small talk, asking me how I was liking Charleston and what I thought of the school. We both laughed at that.

When we reached the classroom door, I paused looking back to Dr. Green; he brushed his slender fingers through lazy curls. "I'll see you in class, Sang."

Dr. Green turned then, giving me a small wave as he said something in...Greek?

Well hell, Greek class has already started, I thought, turning to face the classroom door and took a final breath of courage before stepping inside.

The math teacher was a tiny woman with a wrinkled face. Her blue eyes crinkled when I entered. A dozen other eyes followed me as I handed over my paperwork.

The math teacher, who introduced herself as Mrs. Johnson, directed me to the seat behind Kota.

My face lit up when I saw him, and his green eyes echoed my joy as I took my seat.

The moment my butt touched down, two giant feet came under my desk, resting on either side of my sneakers. How uncomfortable.

I tried to focus on the teachers words, but I had missed most of the class and she was already handing out practice sheets. When Mrs. Johnson gave permission to work in groups, Kota spun around, slapping his already finished worksheet onto my desk. "Want to buddy up, Sang?"

I laughed. "You're already done with it. That wouldn't be fair."

"Would you be my partner, then?" asked a deep voice. I couldn't place the accent. As I turned in my seat, I found myself looking up at Ser Gregor Clegane.

Holy heck.

The man was a giant!

He seriously had to be nearly eight feet in height, thickly muscled, dark hair, dark eyes...and I'd bet he could wield a two-handed greatsword with one hand...

I blinked, realizing I was staring up at the Gregor impersonator with wide eyes and an open mouth.

He was waiting for me to say something, and what came out had me wanting to smack myself. "You are enormous..."

The giant laughed, looking over my head to Kota. "Νομίζετε ότι έχω την τρομάξει?"

When confusion washed over Kota's face, the giant's laughs drifted to chuckles as he took my hand. Let go of my hand! His dark eyes seemed to look into my soul. "Do I frighten you, Aggele?"

"Sang," I managed. "My name is Sang, not Aggele."

"Oh, yes it is, Aggele Mou, and my name is Silas Korba." He gave my hand a squeeze before letting go.

More like Ser Silas Korba, I thought, unable to shake the image of Gregor from my mind.

He smiled at my expression before looking down to his homework. "Start on number two, Aggele. You do evens, I'll do odds."

We completed our assignment in minutes. The math problems we were working through were part of a lesson I learned last year, and once I reached the bottom of the page, Ser Silas copied down my answers as I copied his.

BRRRRRINNNNGGGGG

The sound of the bell nearly had me leaping out from my seat. Damn my skittish nature! I cursed myself as I reached for my notebooks, but Ser Silas plucked the stack from my hands.