Chapter 41: Mrs. Sorenson

Chapter 41: Elizabeth Sorenson's POV-

The phone call came through a quarter past noon. At least, I thought it was noon. My head felt fuzzy from my medication, and a dull ache was beginning to form in my side.

I reached into my bedside drawer and took out an oxycodone. I took the pill dry.

Ring ring.

That damned phone was still going off and it took me a minute to rock myself out of bed. Why the hell didn't people just call my cell phone? Where was my cellphone?

I found it lodged beneath my breast.

Ring ring.

It wasn't my cellphone that was going off... I knew it wasn't my cellphone going off. Why did I grab my cellphone again?

I needed to take my medication.

I went to my bedside dresser and took an oxycodone.

Ring Ring.

I stumbled out into the kitchen. The house phone was still ringing on the hook. A glance at the caller ID.

I didn't know the number.

If this was a fucking solicitor, they were about to get a piece of my mind.

I lifted the phone from the ringer. "This is Mrs. Sorenson."

A deep, almost sexy voice filled the line, and I felt a heat coil inside me. It was a feeling my shit head husband had not been able to invoke in three years. "Hello, Mrs. Sorenson, I'm glad I reached you. This is Mr. Hendricks, principal of Ashley Waters High School."

My hand drifted low. Mmm, I wanted him to keep talking. Had I taken my medicine?

"I'm calling in regards to your daughter, Sang..."

What had that little cunt done now? She knew we couldn't afford to move...if she put this family at risk...

"I was going through my records and it appears I don't have proper records for Sang."

Oh. He was going to be one of those pencil pushing fucks. "Are you sure?" I asked. "She should have brought you all the information you needed on her first day of school."

"And I did recieve Sang's falsified documents, Mrs. Sorenson. The copy of the birth certificate naming your daughter Sangrita Sorenson. Is she even really your daughter?"

I clenched my teeth. This was very bad. "I don't have any idea what you're talking about."

I could feel this, Mr. Hendricks, smiling through the phone. "I'm sure you don't, Mrs. Sorenson. Please, allow me a moment to share a proposition with you..."

***

Sangrita was a whore. She was a tiny little thing with blonde hair and curves where every woman wants them.

She worked at Mr. Sorenson's lawfirm, as a secretary of course. She wore those short pencil skirts and cat print tops. "David," she would purr, touching my husband's shoulder.

David Sorenson was not immune to the temptress' charms. I saw it in his hungry dark eyes when she leaned in oh so close.

"Elizabeth! You're being ridiculous," he would tell me. "Elizabeth, she's barely eighteen."