Epilogue

EPILOGUE

Sang Sorenson

It was different now. Matthew was really gone. The sex ring was shut down. Mr. Hendricks disappeared.

Conveniently, in Mr. Hendricks's absence, the problems surrounding Ashley Waters had disappeared as well.

The boys had no reason to stay and would be returning to Academy classes in the spring.

With me!

Luke had made a full recovery after the blowout at Mr. Morgan's Headquarters. Victor was attending counselling, and Dr. Gree-- Sean had been working with me.

North was taking me out on his motorcycle every weekend and was teaching me how to drive.

Silas found time between missions to take me to the ocean. We would sit on the beach for hours with our feet buried in the sand. We would talk and every so often he would press a kiss to my lips.

Gabriel had given me one hell of a wardrobe change once he turned eighteen and we moved in together. Nathan came with.

Turns out Nathan and I have a sickening love of Halloween. We've decorated like crazy and he may or may not have kissed me out in a corn maze.

Sean is taking me with him to the hospital almost every day. I'm a nurse in training...though Sean says he's going to help me get my doctorates. He and I spend our nights racing from exam room to surgery room or passed out on his big bed at Mr. Blackbourne's house.

Did I say Mr. Blackbourne? I meant Owen.

Owen has been working with me on my language building. He wants to introduce me to a dog fluent in Russian after we finish up Italian.

Luke and I went parasailing in Mexico last week. The parachute behind us was yellow with a big smiley face. We had been strapped to each other when he had whispered in my ear that he would never stop loving me.

Kota won me over with a puppy. Cliché, I know, but have you ever seen a puppy? Like dear god it's a sweet white Labrador and we named him Maximus. Like Maximus from Gladiator. Our little puppy is a badass and we take him for walks and snuggles. He gets along great with Simba too.

And then there was Victor. We had a lot of quiet walks at first. He didn't cry after that first day when he killed his father. He didn't cry at the funeral and Victor, who was already eighteen had inherited his father's entire electronics company along with a hundred other obscure businesses and projects.

Slowly Victor's past was becoming unraveled and with it the sins of his father. He found his mother's body in the field where the first warehouse had been. She was in the center most place surrounded by those strange red flowers.

Victor didn't uproot her.

It was many months before I knew Victor was really going to be okay.

I found him in upstairs in the piano room at Owen's house. He was by himself except for Simba who was sprawled across the top of the piano.

Victor sat on the bench.

His sleeves were rolled up and I could see all of his cuts and burns.

And then his fingers flicked across the keys. Music poured into the room.

Beethoven.

The fifth.

It was perfect.

Beautiful.

And I put my arms around Victor as he played and when he finished, he picked up my hand and kissed my palm and I could see the fire reignited in his eyes.

And I knew then that this was right. This was my family and everything was going to be okay.

♡♡
♡♡♡

Hey Readers,

So this is where I leave you. Sort of. Sang's Freedom is over. Again...sort of.

I always planned to go back and edit this piece but then I realized I would be completely reconstructing the plot of this story.

There were so many scenes I didn't have an opportunity to add as well as many things I would have done differently.

I have been given a two week deadline by someone, and intend to use the opportunity to complete the rewrite (which is a monstrous challenge, but challenge accepted).

I would totally be willing to post the teaser page or whatever if any of you are interested in getting it added to your library before the enormous update on September 1, 2016. Please let me know. (It will appear as: Sang's Freedom (Rewritten: Complete) if you want me to post it.

Also if anyone had any comments, I would be happy to answer.

This is such an amazing day for me to have finished a story. Your love and support is what gave me the drive to finish.

Thank you so much for inspiring me. You all are the greatest. ♡