Chapter 94: Turner Jones

-Chapter 94-

Turner Jones's POV:

The man handed my parter and I a file folder to page through. The information was as follows:

Matthew Elijah McBane (Image A)

Age: approx. 22

Hair: brwn/red

Eyes: brwn

Suspect was seen on several occasions at Site 1 and 3. Site 1 has been officially shut down due to interference from the party listed above and due to the increased traffic over the course of the past month. Surveillance systems are still in place at all sites.

Matthew McBane is a vigilante who has taken it upon himself to interfere with our operation. On his last infiltration of Site 3, he took with him Lady 11 and is responsible for the murders of over 15 of our associates.

We have been informed that Mr. McBane has recently accepted a position as a teacher at Ashley Waters High School in Charleston, South Carolina.

My request is that Mr. McBane be terminated. The bounty on his head is set at $40,000 dead. $100,000 alive.

Furthermore, if a Ms. Sang Sorenson (Image B) is seen during the removal of Mr. McBane, we request that she is taken into our custody.

Collection of the girl will come with an additional reward of $100,000.

Please note that the vigilante and the girl are not the only people who are connected to the recent demolition of Site 1 (Image C, D, and E).

We believe these people to be associated with the vigilante, the girl, and quite possibly the Academy: an illusive organization that appears to have ties to many highly ranked political members of our society.

Their ultimate intentions are unknown, though at this time if we presume individuals from Images C, D, and E are in fact associated, then it would be reasonable to suspect that the Academy means to attempt to shut down our operation.

Under no circumstance will I allow that to happen.

You have been selected as a unique candidates to complete this task....blah blah fucking blah...

I glanced over at my step-brother, and found Brandon looking back at me. "McBane, huh?"

I snickered. "This should be fun."

***

Matthew Eli's POV:

"You guys are doing well," I said, patting the shoulder of a sniffling girl who thought she had killed her flat worm. "Just put him and his new brother back into the beakers there and we will call it a day."

It had been a pretty cool day. I had never given much thought as to what my life could be like if I wasn't a lone wolf, but being a teacher could have been my calling.

This was the last class of my day. I had managed to get a set of microscopes and everyone had been able to study the microorganisms from the pond behind the school. People learned today.

Pride filled me as one of the students came up to me after the bell. They told me I was their favorite teacher. Another kid came up to me to tell me he had named his flat worm Jeff. After Jeff had been cut in half, they named his twin brother Jeff...with a G.

They said they only cut Jeff once, but now there were three flat worms in the kids beaker. Jeff, Geff, and Kevin.

Science was fucking cool.