Chapter 73: Like White On Rice

-Chapter 73-

Kota Lee's POV:

I held a hand over my nose, struggling not to cry as pain pulsed through my head. "Si...Silas hit me," I managed, fairly certain there was blood trickling through my fingers.

Mr. Blackbourne was there, holding a silk handkerchief to my face as he forced away my hands. I knew I was sniffling like a baby now.

"Serves you right, Mr. Lee. You're purposefully hurting people."

"He punched me in the face! That's purposefully hurting! Ouch!" It was painful to speak, more so when Mr. Blackbourne kept dabbing at my presumably broken nose.

"Mr. Lee. Stop moving."

I did as I was told, falling silent. I watched as North took a few minutes to find his jacket and slip on his shoes before heading out the door.

Even North was searching for Sang.

North: The guy who said she would ruin our family.

Sure, I looked like the jerk now. But I hadn't known Sang was listening when I said those things.

I had been working like a dog since we got back. So had Nathan, and meanwhile our brothers were making moves on Sang. Our supposed sister.

Sure, Sang was really pretty. Sweet, too. But the last thing I wanted was to lose my family over some girl.

I had thought nothing of North's fears originally. Because I could never see our family drifting apart.

I also did not see Sang as the type of girl who would allow more than one man to come onto her. Let more than one of us sleep in her bed. Kiss her.

Seriously, where did that come from? No one was so innocent that they didn't realize they were blue balling nine men.

Sang was trying to manipulate us. Despite us saving her. Despite us accepting her. She was still trying to move in on my brothers and I wouldn't stand for it.

My blood was ruining Mr. Blackbourne's handkerchief. I pushed him away, but he caught me by the arm. I couldn't see anything without my glasses. I was worse than Velma.

"Let's go to the hospital. We will get you cleaned up, Mr. Lee and then we will get you another pair of glasses."

It took a lot of pride to nod.

"And you, Mr. Griffin. Put that game away or I will destroy it when I return. And go outside. Find Miss Sorenson before something worse happens." I heard him nearly growl out a sigh. "Between you two and Sean I have had it up to here with all of you."

***

Dr. Sean Green's POV:

"What do you mean she's fucking gone?" Matthew was outraged. I had woke him from a restless sleep. He kept saying the name Cynthia over and over, his expression one of pain.

So what was a doctor to do, but wake him up and inform him of the new...challenges our team was facing?

"Well, answer me, Doctor!" Matthew barked already ripping the IV from his arm before stepping down from the bed.

"Whoa, whoa. What are you doing? Your going to kill yourself-- Ahh!" I tried to close my eyes as Matthew's hospital gown rode up to reveal a body sculpted by angels.

"Killed?" Matthew scoffed. "I was stabbed through the fucking eye and didn't die. Nothing is going to kill me."

He was tugging on a pair of jeans that Gabriel had brought over. As he yanked on a black shirt and his leather jacket with the 'A' stitched on the pocket, (Sang had taken time during the afternoon to stitch up the arm where the bullet had grazed her), I couldn't help but agree with Matthew.