47

-Chapter 47-

Sang Sorenson's POV:

I couldn't sleep after Matt left. I kept half hoping that one of the other boys would come lay with me for a little while, but why would they? I had asked them all to back off the kissing. They weren't my boyfriends.

Could anyone even have that many boyfriends? Wouldn't they get jealous and fight?

I giggled at the thought of any boys ever fighting over me. That would never happen. I probably came off slutty or something and that's why the boys had kissed me at all.

In truth, I kind of missed the feel of their lips against mine, and I wondered what it would be like to kiss the others.

Especially Mr. Blackbourne.

My cheeks heated.

What had been the matter with him last night? He had almost been...acting his age, and he kissed me! On the fingers mind you, but it was still a kiss and he had smiled outright. Damn me for covering up his mouth, I couldn't even see it!

I would have to find a way to make Mr. Blackbourne smile again.

As I filed that away for later, I got out of bed and made my way to the living room. Nathan was the only one up, and I could see the back of his red hair as he sat on the couch watching the weather channel.

"Nathan?"

He jumped. "You flipping startled me. Why are you up already?"

"I just can't sleep anymore. Would it be alright if I got a shower?"

"Yeah, of course." Nathan stood up, stretching his arms above his head. "Let's have you use the one across from my room. I don't want you using my dad's bathroom."

When he saw my expression he continued.

"My dad's a real asshole. Sometimes he comes home without letting me know. I wouldn't want him to see you. It's not you. He's just mean...and he has no problem throwing around a woman." Nathan paused at the bathroom door, a far off look in his eye. "Do you need help getting the shower turned on?"

I nodded following him into the bathroom.

"Come here," Nathan caught me by the wrist with a wet hand. "Is this too hot?"

Yes, not the water, but...

Nathan's blue eyes searched mine. "Sang?"

"It-It's good."

He smiled, letting me go. "I'll leave you to it then." Nathan closed the door and suddenly the only sound was the shower spray against porcelain.

I stripped off my clothes and stepped behind the curtain, letting the hot water wash the filth away. I hadn't properly bathed since I was kidnapped.

Gross, I know. But I couldn't muster the effort until now.

"Trouble!" Gabriel's muffled voice carried past the door. I felt cold air and heard the bathroom door close. "Trouble?" Well, hell. His voice wasn't muffled anymore!

"Gabriel! Why are you in here?!"

I heard him chuckle. A blush raced across my skin as I realized I was completely naked and only a curtain was there to separate us.

"You think I would miss a fuckin' chance to wash that beautiful hair of yours?"

"Gabriel I'm...I'm..."

"Flattered?"

"Naked!" I managed, cheeks darker than rose petals.

"I know, and I promise I won't look."