Chapter 93: Kissing Princes

-Chapter 93-

Luke Taylor's POV:

Sang refused to sleep. She was hell bent on staying up until Matthew and Victor returned...unscathed...and she could see it with her own eyes.

Everyone else had gone off to bed once Victor had called and let us know he was safe. Well, everyone except Sang, Mr. Blackbourne, and myself.

I was pretty amazed Sang had managed to stay up this long. I knew she hadn't been sleeping well. Every other night she would ask me to sneak into her room so she wasn't alone. Even then she was waking up every other hour.

Her nightmares were worse than mine. Newer. She would cry out at the memory of being taken and stripped and unable to escape.

I'll admit I was surprised that she no longer fretted about how she had taken a life, though I was pretty sure Matthew had a talk with her about that.

I heard a car door slam outside and a moment later Victor was striding into Mr. Blackbourne's house. Sang crashed into Victor's arms before Mr. Blackbourne could get to him.

Victor tensed, waiting for Sang to snap at him or maybe Mr. Blackbourne who was watching them with an unreadable expression, but they said nothing, and after a painfully long moment, Victor began to hug Sang back.

***

Matthew Eli's POV:

I awoke alone in an unfamiliar vehicle, the scent of a rich musk and moss causing me to jerk upright. My vision was horribly blurry. It hurt to focus. My heart was pounding uncharacteristically fast in my chest and it took me a moment to catch my breath.

To rub my eyes.

To realize my eyepatch wasn't on.

To realize I wasn't totally fucking blind! I couldn't stop my smile. I couldn't stop the relief from coming through. The soft laugh.

I rubbed at my left eye. It would get better. Stronger once it got used to the light again. But it was really sensitive now and I found my eyepatch and slipped it back on.

I had my senses about me now. Victor must have gone inside without me. I couldn't say I was bothered by that. I really needed the sleep.

When I walked inside, Sang's arms were around Victor. The love in that embrace was enough to make me mind my own damn business and not order them apart. It was really for Mr. Blackbourne to deal with. Not me.

I went up the stairs to the last bedroom on the right. Mr. Blackbourne had allowed me to use that specific bedroom whenever I needed, not that I usually made it past the living room.

I tugged off my shirt, trying to ignore the feeling that I had missed something.

There was nothing to miss.

I drove out. Picked up Victor. Came home.

I closed my eyes, but the feeling in my gut didn't cease. What the hell had I missed?

***

Victor Morgan's POV:

Sang's lips met mine with suddenness that I found myself stunned beneath her touch. One minute she was hugging me. The next?

She turned her face up and our lips brushed together. Her hands were lost in my hair as she refused to let me pull away. Not that I would have.

Her kiss was rough and demanding and I felt myself harden as I realized she was claiming me in front of Mr. Blackbourne and Luke. To my shame, it just turned me on more.