Chapter 28: Nathan

*Quick Author's Note: I didn't expect this story to take off the way it has. I mean, this is incredible. Thank you readers for your comments, likes, and the the fact you take the time out of your day to read my fanfiction. You all rock!

-Chapter 28: Nathan Griffin's POV-

I watched as Sang crumpled under the touch of Gabe's lips. He barely managed to catch her and something similar to jealously cut through my chest as I realized Gabe had managed to kiss Sang before I had.

Fucker.

I tried to swallow my feelings. Mr. Blackbourne would have my ass if I let this girl wreck our team.

I forced a smile. "Damn Gabe. Now you can say your kisses are killer."

He rolled his eyes, struggling to keep Sang on her feet, but she was out like a light. "Ha. Ha. Ha. Oy, help me here."

I easily scooped Sang up into my arms and took her downstairs where North was cooking up something terribly healthy.

"What happened now?" North asked, glancing at the girl.

I shrugged, looking to Gabriel who grinned. "I kissed her head. I guess I took her breath away."

"You need to back off her, Gabe before you fuck this whole thing up," North muttered. "We need to get Sang out of her shit situation and then we are gone."

I looked down to Sang. Her green eyes were closed, though her lips twitched as if she were speaking in a dream.

"But look at that face, North!" Gabriel ran a hand through his hair. "I don't know how you have been able to resist her this long. She's fucking adorable."

"I have some self control is why," he growled.

"Yeah, right up until I put her in that sexy black shirt, and then you whip out your phone and start taking pictures!"

"Of her head! For Dr. Green!"

"Is that why you didn't just ask to take a picture, and why didn't you zoom up to her forehead? Now everyone had pictures of Sang with that pouty lip! You really don't think that's going to get out of control?"

"No more than you seeing her naked!" North hissed.

My blood went cold. "What?" It was one thing for Gabe to have kissed Sang...but he had already...they had already...

"I caught her changing," Gabe elaborated when he saw my expression. "Oy, she's too innocent for what you're thinking...hell, I am..." He paused uncomfortably. "Well, a virgin, so I wouldn't just, do that, with her..."

Gabe turned around redfaced and North had focused back on his cooking just as Sang was beginning to stir in my arms.

Should we be concerned she fainted from being kissed? It wasn't even on the mouth and she had just collapsed... Were her parents doing more than just beating her?

I had never encounter a girl so...doe eyed. She didn't understand that my brothers and I liked her. Hell, could Dr. Green be more obvious?

We walked her to class. We put our arms around her...well, I did. Victor had bought her a phone. Mr. Blackbourne had made up this stupid play, though I suppose that was to keep the Academy a secret.

Gabriel was doing her hair and picking her clothes and Kota had ditched class to sit with her for an hour while she was injured.

People didn't just do that for anyone. Even Academy people only helped where there was something to be gained: a new member, an ally, money, and in most cases, favors.

My brothers and I wanted something from Sang, though what we wanted would not work without destroying the team.

"Nathan?"

Sang's soft, confused voice startled me and I looked down to find the most heartbreakingly beautiful green eyes staring back at me.

"Sang." I smiled, helping her find her feet. Her arms went around my waist as she stumbled into me.

"I feel dizzy."

"Well that's going to happen if you keep hitting your head and fainting."

Her face scrunched. "I did not faint."

"Oh yes you did, Trouble." Gabe winked at her and she blushed. "Don't be embarrassed! Nathan's fainted before, too."

Don't you bring that up...

Gabe did an eyebrow waggle urging me to elaborate on the story, and with Sang looking up at me so curiously, how could I say no?

"I--"

"He tried to give a girl a flower and peed himself before collapsing!" North snorted, breaking down with laughter.

My cheeks turned crimson as I took a giant step back in the quest for Sang's heart. I felt her tiny hands grip the fabric of my shirt. "Did that really happen, Nathan?"

"I was ten," I managed.

She giggled then, pressing her face to my stomach, unable to help herself.

"And the girl didn't take the flower," North went on, an arm over his gut as he shook with laughter. "She kicked him in the leg and told him he was gross."

"Shut up!" I groaned, but then Sang's little voice piped up and she told me she thought it was cute. She thought I was cute!

I mean, cute wasn't as great as drop dead sexy, but that would come in time, maybe after I managed to do something charming.

I could be charming.

"Foods ready." North's voice snapped me out of my internal pep talk. Sang practically skipped to the table and offered to help North with the plates. He looked confused, but let her set the table.

No one usually helped North with the cooking. Sometimes Silas would make Greek food when he was feeling homesick, and Kota and I made a mean stack of sandwiches.

Mr. Blackbourne could barbecue, believe it or not. Luke knew everything that was dessert. And that left Victor, Gabriel and Dr. Green as the cooking impaired.

North had made omelets, so I guess I couldn't complain, but Gabe could.

"Aww come on, North. Why do you always do this to me?"

North glance over as he tipped some eggs onto Sang's plate. "Do what?"

"You always go light on the cheese. Do you have any idea how much I love pepper jack? I could marry pepper jack..."

North looked up to the ceiling, likely praying for strength. It was funny to see him like that. North was build like a tank. He had broad shoulders and a big chest, always dressed in black, but when he stepped into a kitchen, all I could imagine was North in a pink apron like the day Luke and Sang had pranked him.

I chuckled at the thought.

"Something funny?" North asked lowly, dropping down into the seat beside Sang.

"Just debating on what I should get you for Christmas."