Chapter 89: In the Minds of Mad Men

Special thanks to all of you who have put up with my last couple weeks of non-posting
You Rock.

PS: a certain someone requested that this next chapter was in one of the guy's POV...I'm positive that this was not the guy that you were expecting 😂

I hope all of you enjoy ♡

-Arkie1212

-Chapter 89-

Mr. Hendricks's POV:

I had never felt so uncomfortable in my school as I did the moment Mr. Owen Blackbourne stepped into my school.

Scratch that.

Mr. Eli was worse. His glower alone was enough to kill a small rhino.

I swallowed hard as I sat behind my oaken desk, staring at my laptop. I had cameras installed in a few select rooms over the weekend. Boss's orders, and now I could see why.

Those Academy people were plotting something.

Mr. Eli was clearly one of them, showing up at Elizabeth Sorenson's house in the middle of the night. Pretending to be someone he's not. Digging for information.

Finding that damned Sang Sorenson.

Sang was supposed to be my ticket into the ring. Not only had the girl somehow escaped. Several people had been killed.

I should press charges.

Wait.

No.

That was a fucking terrible idea.

The boss said that I would have to bring another girl in. He said my office was compromised. The whole school was checked for wires and cameras. I was given a scrambler to keep in my desk drawer just in case.

A lot of cameras had been found. A few bugs, but it was enough to make my stomach churn.

These Academy brats were more than I bargained for. Brining them in to be a shining example of what it means to be an exemplary student? Piss on that.

I found myself fiddling with the buttons of my suit jacket as I watched Mr. Blackbourne press Sang Sorenson to the wall of his classroom. What the hell was he doing?

The cameras weren't very clear. Part of me wanted to have the boss install bugs as well, but if the fact I had surveillance installed without parental consent...was a lawsuit waiting to happen. Especially because some of those select rooms we had put cameras in were bathrooms and locker rooms.

No stone unturned.

Boss's words not mine. I think he knew more about the Academy than he was letting on. He said something about how they had meddled in his affairs for the last time.

It was unsettling really.

Knowing there was an organization out there who acted on their own accord. They were above the laws, acting as some Batman. To hell with them!

My eyes traced over the image of Mr. Blackbourne pulling away from Sang. Mr. Green was leaving now.

There was a knock on my door.