Chapter 76: You Ain't Going Nowhere

-Chapter 76-

Sang Sorenson's POV:

I woke up tangled in red sheets. My hair was wild and I was sweaty and disoriented as I fell out of the stranger's bed. Where the hell was I? What was I doing here? I had to get home to Moth--

The thought died as quickly as it had come.

Mother.

Just the idea of her had tears springing to my eyes. A choked sob sprung to my lips. Fuck. My own mother hated me. Beat me. Sold me. What did I ever do to deserve this? Because of her, my new friends had to try and save me from becoming a fucking sex slave.

A tear fell from my eye followed by another. I cursed myself for being unable to stop them as my fingers dug into the carpet. I tried to kick the sheet off me to no avail. I became more tangled.

Because of her two of my friends hated me. They wanted me to go away. Disappear. They wished that they had never met me. God damn it, why did that have to hurt so much? I would ask for a thousand cigarettes to be pressed to my skin if it meant not knowing this pain.

Maybe I should talk to Nathan and Kota. Maybe I could apologize. Maybe if I explained that I didn't want these things to keep happening. That I just wanted to be normal.

My body was racked with sobs as I dropped to the carpet in defeat. That was a stupid fucking idea.

Matt must hate me now, too.

He must think I'm not strong.

That I tried to kill myself, but truly I just slipped.

Clumsy fucking Sang.

That's all.

But what frightened me now was that I hadn't been afraid while I was falling. It would have been okay if I really did go splat.

I bit my lip, sniffling as I finally managed to untangle myself from the bedding. I wasn't sure where I was, but I was sure the boys were somewhere nearby.

Now that I was alone, I had time to think about Matt's offer.

He said that he could find a way for me to disappear. That he had a way that I didn't have to return to live with my mother and also didn't have to face the Blackbourne team.

The problem was...that I loved all the boys. I wanted us to be a family.

I didn't want our connections to just disappear because... Well, because I needed them, even if they didn't need me. It was selfish. I was selfish.

And for once in my life, I didn't care.

I rose to my feet, raking back my tangled blonde hair with my fingers. There was no mirror in here, but if I looked close to as awful as I felt, I might give the boys a scare.

No time to worry about such things!

I opened the doorway and found myself in a wide hallway. Across the way was a bathroom and I ducked into the hall to find a small living room. Most of the boys were gone, but the ones I needed to see most were there in the center.

Kota and Nathan.

They were really sweaty. Like gross sweaty... like they might have really just gotten back from swimming sweaty. Each had towels around their necks and were working to dry their faces.

"Kota?" My voice sounded raw. Probably from all the damn crying. I really needed to buck up if I was going to be Academy. "Nathan?"

Kota turned around startled. His green eyes were wide and sad, almost, behind his glasses. His chocolate brown hair was messy and wet. He opened his mouth to speak, but found no more words to speak than Nathan whose red hair was just as messy and wet.