5

-Chapter 5-

Sang Sorenson's POV:

Gabriel closed me off in a dressing room and for the last hour I had been his model. "Skirt with the boots!" he called, sliding a pair of shoes under the door.

Skirt. I might have laughed if the situation had not been so serious. Those boys wanted to see me in a skirt.

I knew how Mother felt about skirts.

Heck, I caused enough trouble in cargo pants and sweatshirts.

I swallowed hard taking the pencil skirt in hand. The fabric was deep blue in color and soft. I looked at myself in the mirror, standing there in white panties, barefoot. My flowered blouse was unbuttoned and my hair was full of static from yanking shirts on and off.

The shirts didn't bother me. Those were button downs, blouses maybe a camisole or two.

I looked down again at the skirt.

Mother would hit me for this. Not in the face though, I assured myself. This was only day 3 of 365. She couldn't risk it yet, and what the boys didn't know, couldn't hurt them...Plus...after a lifetime of cargo pants, baggy jeans, and frump... I had to at least know what I would look like in a skirt...

It was beautiful.

I was beautiful.

"This shirt!" A sweet frilly white shirt came flying over the top of the door followed by a blue jacket. "With that."

I waited another moment before opening the door.

Gabriel had his head buried in a pile of clothing, so it was Victor who saw me first. His ember eyes rose to a raw amber glow as he found my face.

It was then Gabriel resurfaced with four more skirts across his arm. He turned. Froze. His mouth, which had spewed criticism for the past hour, closed slowly.

Silence.

A really long, awkward silence until Gabriel found his voice.

"Messenger bag," he whispered. "Like Kota's. A silver messenger bag. It'll match everything, and then she's perfect."

I giggled. It slipped and both of their faces lit up when I couldn't catch the sound. "This has been fun, but I can't buy this." I laughed.

Confusion flooded their eyes.

"My Mother would never let me leave the house in this, plus..." I snagged a tag. "This jacket alone is out of my price range."

"But, do you like it?" asked Victor.

Gabriel didn't let me answer. "You look fucking gorgeous, Trouble. We are getting all of these." He began scooping up the mountain of clothes, passing them along to a check out girl.

"Stop that! I don't have money for this nonsense--"

"Nonsense!" Gabriel turned on his heel, wounded, before extending his hand to Victor. "Finances please."

Victor pulled out a black credit card and passed it over my head. I tried to get the card from him. "Don't Victor!"

He chuckled. "I told you, princess. This is my treat."

By the time Victor managed to hand the card off to Gabriel, I was all tangled around Victor and dropped my head to his chest in defeat. "I can't...pay you back for this. You just met me so you shouldn't...be so nice."

My words were muffled.

Victor snuck a finger under my chin, tilting my gaze to his. "I wouldn't offer if I didn't want to."