26

-Chapter 26-

Victor Morgan's POV:

North was out of his god damned mind!

I was halfway down the block and had already told the entire team about what he had said to Sang.

North was so hell bent on making sure Sang didn't destroy our team that he was destroying it himself.

My phone was vibrating nonstop and it took me a moment to answer.

"Hello?" I growled into the receiver. Hell, I was growling now and innerly swearing! If I didn't stop myself soon, I would turn into North. Ha!

"Victor, it's Kota. Is Sang okay?"

"Physically, maybe. North basically called her a manipulative bitch and she proceeded to tackle him into the coffee table."

Kota made a sound like he was trying to contain a laugh and failing. "She took down North?"

"In front of Mr. Blackbourne."

"Was he furious?"

"They destroyed his coffee table. That glass one with the wooden legs," I paused. "I bet Gabriel will be thrilled."

Kota chuckled.

"Kota?" His laughter faded. "We cannot lose Sang. I...cannot lose Sang. I played the piano for her and I just broke down. It was Beethoven's 5th."

A long pause. "Victor, why would you play that one? You know what it does to you."

I closed my eyes as I reached the edge of the woods and leaned back against a tree. "Because she loves Beethoven, Kota, and everyone loves the 5th."

"She would have loved anything you played."

"And I'd love playing anything for her. Anyway, I broke down after playing and she just puts her arms around me, Kota-- Beep. Beep."

I looked down at my phone.

Gabriel's name was on the screen.

"Kota, I have to go. Gabriel is calling."

"We'll talk later, man."

"Will do." I switched over to Gabriel's call. "Hey, Gabriel."

"Is it true?" Absolute glee filled his voice. "Did Sang destroy Mr. Blackbourne's ugly ass coffee table?"

"It's true. So, I guess you'll be coming over for some home decorating?"

"Hell yeah, right after my shift. Plus, my Trouble needs me! Hey, I have to go...Keep your damn pants on! You'll get your sandwich in a minute! Natha--" The line went dead and I found myself laughing.

***

Sang Sorenson's POV:

I awoke to the words why the fuck do you already have that, and Gabriel's maniacal laugh.

Big arms were around me and I was suddenly looking into Silas's dark eyes. He smiled softly. "Sorry if they woke you. Gabriel was really excited that you broke the coffee table."

"North's body broke the coffee table," I grumbled, trying not to think too hard as to how I ended up asleep against Silas's big...strong...chest...

One of my hands was over his heart. I could feel his pulse quicken and realized I was practically straddling him. "I..." Something hard was growing between the vee of my thighs. What the heck was that? I was about to reach down and find out when Silas caught my hand.