Chapter 99: Come Out of the Closet

-Chapter 99-

North Taylor's POV:

I let her slip...through my fucking fingers. I had one of her sneakers for Christ's sake. It was all I could do to sit in the back seat full of broken glass and struggle to breathe.

Victor had been driving around for an hour now. Gabriel and I said nothing. No one had called the rest of the team. I probably had a hundred messages on my phone, but what the hell was I supposed to say?

I failed? Again?

I let someone rip Sang from my fucking fingers?

I looked down at my hands now. They were strong hands. Calloused from hours of work and somehow I couldn't manage to keep hold of a little girl.

We had found Sang's cellphone shattered on the highway. Matthew wasn't answering.

I looked over to the other side of the back seat where Sang should have been. In her place was her one white shoe and the handgun aka the firearm I had used to shoot off three magazines and didn't hit a damn thing. The kidnapper's car had been bullet proof.

My lips felt the echo of the kiss I had shared with Sang. It was strange to think that the first time I had met her had been in Uncle's restaurant. She had come in to help Luke prank me and I ended up finding out she had a soft spot for vegetables and good music. I should have protected my heart better.

We all should have.

"Oh dear god." It was Victor's voice that snapped me out of my daze.

"What the fuck, Vic?" Gabriel yelped as Victor pulled off to the side of the road.

Victor didn't answer, whipping out his cellphone. He looked like he was going to be sick.

***

Sang Sorenson's POV:

Utter darkness and utter silence was all my senses had to take in when I awoke from a dreamless sleep. It took me a long moment to realize I was truly awake. I could smell dust. And the way the air in the room was condensed, I would guess I was somewhere very small.

My hands were bound behind my back. I leaned forward and my knees touched a wall. I was tied down to a wooden chair.

Not metal.

Good.

I leaned back. Nothing. Space was good. I began to fight against my bindings and found that I had been gagged. My legs were bound to either of the front legs of the chair.

How did I keep ending up in these fucking situations? Gabriel was right. I was trouble. The guys must be worried sick. I wanted to reach for my phone, but couldn't bring my arms forward. Then I remembered that my phone had been destroyed anyway.

Fuck.

I leaned back again, and the wood groaned. I listened hard, but heard nothing that would indicate someone was coming to check on me. Double good.

Distantly, I realized I could really hurt myself by doing what I was intending... But the less logical, impulsive part of me screamed for vengeance and knew the only path to vengeance started by obeying the commands of the tiny voice.

I threw my chair back with all my strength and crashed heavily to the floor. There was the cracking of wood and I swore as I crushed my hand under my own weight.

I couldn't get up.

All I could do was writhe on the floor trying not to crush my hands further until the wood finally broke away. Fucking booyah.

My left hand was really sore but with my adrenaline pumping it was easy to ignore the pain. I felt around for a door and soon enough my hand found a round door handle and I found myself in a small hotel room. There was one bed and a jacuzzi tub. A small flat-screen and sheets that had been slept in.

A folder was out on the nightstand and after a quick once over of the room I knew it was safe to snoop.

I flipped open the folder to see the name 'Matthew Elijah McBane,' and had I been too stupid to realize the similarities between that name and 'Matthew Eli' there was a picture of my fearless leader clipped to the front page. It looked like it had been taken off a security camera.

I kept reading.

Apparently there was a bounty on my head as well as Matthew's, and the sex ring was a very complex organization. They had numerous sites and surveillance and had the resources to dig up information on a man who basically didn't exist.

They knew Matthew was working at Ashley Waters High School, though I suspected that connection was as simple as Mr. Hendricks relaying that information to his superior. That man was an idiot for not fearing Matthew.

It was easy to infer that whomever had kidnapped me was interested in the bounty on my head. I looked to the door, knowing I could make a run for it, but with the name trouble I would be lucky to make it down the hall without someone else making a play for me. $100,000 was a lot of money.

My own mother would have happily handed me over to anyone for half that.

I looked around for a weapon, but all I could find was an umbrella. It was enough and I made a move back for the closet just as there was a beep at the hotel room door.

Muffled voices sounded in the hotel room and my fingers tightened around the handle of the umbrella. Whoever came for me was about to get fucked. up.

-----

A/N Shorter update don't hate me! (*throws arms up into face protectively...waits...lowers arms*) Thank you for being so civilized about this!

Okay as I'm sure many of you noticed...this is Chapter 99...you know...the chapter that comes right before Chapter 100... (*fangirl squeal*)

No one cares about that as much as me? (*looks around*) Well, you're about to!!

I bet you're asking yourself 'Why? What could Arkie possibly be plotting?!'

OK brace yourselves.

I intend to--wait...are you braced? Yes? Good.

I intend to have a triple update crammed into Chapter 100.

That's right 3000- approx 6000 words of nonstop action-packed climactic Sang's Freedom as we grow close to the end of this fanfiction.

I salute you. I'm shooting for Chapter 100 to be released this weekend. I salute you again.