Chapter 33: Pianissimo

-Chapter 33-

I wasn't sure what to make of my conversation with Dr. Green. Apparently, my teacher/doctor enjoyed kissing me, and judging by the way my body reacted, I enjoyed kissing him back.

Dr. Green had said that he and his brothers shared everything. I'm not sure what he meant by that. He seemed to be implying that they could share me, but you couldn't very well share a person that way.

People were only supposed to have one person whom they loved; their soul mate.

My hands were trembling as I rode shotgun in Victor's car. He had picked me up from the hospital and was driving me back to Mr. Blackbourne's house.

I wondered what my mother was doing now. Had she realized I was missing? If she had, wouldn't she have called the police?

"What are you thinking about, Princess?" Victor asked. I noticed how his hands gripped the wheel and wondered if I had done anything to anger him

Of course I had. My heart sanked. Fuck. I forgot that I had broke my cellphone. Victor knew, and he was mad.

"Hey, Princess, what is it?" He offered me his hand. I couldn't take it. Maybe he didn't know...

"I broke the phone, Victor."

His lips parted in confusion before he laughed. "That's okay. I'll get you a new one."

"No, you shouldn't waste your money on me."

"It's not a waste. I want to do this for you," Victor paused. "We will get you a case next time, and the Samsungs are waterproof, so hopefully that means it will be Sang-proof, too." He grinned, offering his hand again and I took it tentatively.

Our skin touched and I felt my heart pick up beat. What the hell was going on with me? Just a touch and it was like a sudden heat rose inside me. The same want I felt with Dr. Green.

If Victor noticed my confliction, he said nothing.

When we got to Mr. Blackbourne's house, I changed into normal people clothes before Victor led me up a spiral staircase and into an open room containing a grand piano and a large bay window.

Victor pulled me over onto the bench beside him, and I watched as he rolled up the sleeves of his white button down. Burns kissed their way up his forearms and I was struck with the sudden urge to touch those burns again.

Did they still cause him pain?

Victor caught me staring, and his dark eyes ignited with...anger? Sadness?

Understanding.

He reached out for my left arm and tugged up the sleeve of my shirt. My burn had a band-aid over it and Victor kissed me there.

"Why did you do that?" I asked quietly. If these boys kept pressing kisses to me, I was going to lose my mind.

"To take the pain away," Victor answered, turning his attention to the piano keys. We sat side by side, sleeves rolled up, Victor taking over the low notes, me placed at the high end.

I opened my mouth to ask what we were going to play, but then in one smooth, unbroken action of magnificence, Victor Morgan's fingers danced over the piano keys.

My breath caught as Beethoven's 5th spilled into the room. Victor did not miss a key as he moved across the instrument, letting the emotion of the symphony fill the air.