Chapter 34: You Wanna Tussle?

-Chapter 34-

That son of a bitch called me gross! That was my only coherent thought as I tackled North Taylor into the coffee table.

I guess he wasn't expecting it because we both went down and the glass top of the table shattered and I was screaming and North was swearing and Mr. Blackbourne was shouting.

"I'll give you a reason to hate me!" I smacked North across the cheek as Silas tore me off. I must have been crying because when my knight Ser Silas tucked me against his chest I got his t-shirt wet.

Everyone was shouting, but from what I could tell, everyone was pissed at North and not me.

"What the fuck is your problem, bro? What if we pulled this shit with you when you got brought to the states?"

"Mr. Taylor!"

"Hell, North!" The kitten accidently scratched Victor as he tried to escape the commotion. "Why are you always so difficult? I like Sang! Your brother likes Sang! Even Mr. Blackbourne has risen to the occasion. This is what the Academy does. We protect people! Sang isn't flaunting anything, and for you to..." Victor stopped himself, taking a breath. "I need to get some fresh air." I felt someone touch my arm. "Sang...Princess, if you need me, ask Silas for his phone. Is that alright, Si?"

I felt him nod.

"Mr. Korba, perhaps you and Miss Sorenson should find a room without shards of glass protruding from the carpet."

***

SILAS KORBA'S POV:

My sweet Aggele Mou had fallen asleep in my arms hours ago. Her lovely blonde hair covered her cheek and gently, I tucked the lock behind her ear.

I had found us a quiet place on the couch in Mr. Blackbourne's upstairs den. There was an enormous flat screen and I turned the volume on low, watching some old shows.

Aggele Mou stirred on my chest, wrapping her arms around as much of my torso as she could before softening.

My heart throbbed painfully and I wondered how I could have fallen so hard so quickly for someone so small.

My brothers would be pissed when they found out. Sang was supposed to be family, which made her what? My sister?

That wouldn't do.

I wanted more than these innocent hugs. I wanted to know Sang. I wanted to know what she liked and didn't like. I wanted to know her dreams, her desires...her favorite sports team.

I sighed.

Now, we would be lucky if Aggele Mou stayed at all.

North had really made a mess of things. I knew he didn't mean what he said. He was only trying to get a reaction out of Sang, but I saw in her eyes how much it had hurt her.

North had basically said that Sang was manipulating us.

As if she was capable of such an act.

She wasn't.

What Sang was capable of was tackling all 200 hundred pounds of North Taylor into a coffee table. It was the most hysterical thing I have ever seen, and the only reason Sang got a slap in was because I hesitated to take a picture.

The moment she crashed into North was the moment I understood why he was being so terrible to her.

North was afraid.

He was afraid of Sang and his feelings because she affected him as much as the rest of us. With her expressive green eyes, her silence, but what truly got me was this wild streak in Sang!

Fuck, if I had met a girl like her back in Greece I would not have left.

She was beautiful and courageous and though she was caged at home, her heart longed for freedom.

I had yearned for that same freedom once and because Sang was my Aggele, I would do anything to help her obtain it.

***

VICTOR MORGAN'S POV:

North was out of his god damned mind!

I was halfway down the block and had already told the entire team about what he had said to Sang.

North was so hell bent on making sure Sang didn't destroy our team that he was destroying it himself.

My phone was vibrating nonstop and it took me a moment to answer.

"Hello?" I growled into the receiver. Hell, I was growling now and innerly swearing! If I didn't stop myself soon, I would turn into North. Ha!

"Victor, it's Kota. Is Sang okay?"

"Physically, maybe. North basically called her a manipulative bitch and she proceeded to tackle him into the coffee table."

Kota made a sound like he was trying to contain a laugh and failing. "She took down North?"

"In front of Mr. Blackbourne."

"Was he furious?"

"They destroyed his coffee table. That glass one with the wooden legs," I paused. "I bet Gabriel will be thrilled."

Kota chuckled.

"Kota?" His laughter faded. "We cannot lose Sang. I...cannot lose Sang. I played the piano for her and I just broke down. It was Beethoven's 5th."

A long pause. "Victor, why would you play that one? You know what it does to you."

I closed my eyes as I reached the edge of the woods and leaned back against a tree. "Because she loves Beethoven, Kota, and everyone loves the 5th."

"She would have loved anything you played."

"And I'd love playing anything for her. Anyway, I broke down after playing and she just puts her arms around me, Kota-- Beep. Beep."

I looked down at my phone.

Gabriel's name was on the screen.

"Kota, I have to go. Gabriel is calling."

"We'll talk later, man."

"Will do." I switched over to Gabriel's call. "Hey, Gabriel."

"Is it true?" Absolute glee filled his voice. "Did Sang destroy Mr. Blackbourne's ugly ass coffee table?"

"Yep, so I guess you'll be coming over for some home decorating?"

"Hell yeah, right after my shift. Plus, my Trouble needs me! Hey, I have to go...Keep your damn pants on! You'll get your sandwich in a minute! Natha--" The line went dead and I found myself laughing.