27

-Chapter 27-

Sang Sorenson's POV:

"There's no butter," I told North as he took the bowl. "Or salt. Or caramel."

He mumbled a thank you while I took a seat between Luke and Victor. In normal circumstances I would have been too shy to make such a move, but these were not normal circumstances.

They had the caramel covered popcorn.

Only Dr. Green, Nathan and Kota were missing from movie night, which featured Megamind. Gabriel had brought it over special and I freaking loved it.

I even hugged Gabriel to thank him, though before I did I asked him quietly if hugging was something all friends did. He nodded and the way his eyes seemed to glow with excitement made me feel almost normal.

When the movie ended, a few of the boys had to take off, but they promised we would all do a sleepover next weekend at Victor's when they found out I had never been to a sleepover before.

And as weird as it sounds, I was excited to spend the night with seven boys (Dr. Green and Mr. Blackbourne would not be able to attend for obvious reasons).

I trusted them.

I was glad to find out that Luke was one of the guys who were able to stay. He winked at me before I left to change into some pajamas and I knew he meant to come spend the night with me again.

Don't tell the others, but I was relieved.

I didn't usually sleep well on my own. Most nights I didn't manage to pass out until well after 4 A.M.

Because of all the fainting and being knocked unconscious and time in the hospital, I had gotten sleep, but never had I slept as well as I did in Luke's arms with his vanilla and sugar scent wrapping around me.

I let out a quiet sound in anticipation.

"Ooh, I didn't know I was that good of a cuddler."

I looked back at Luke, startled. I hadn't even heard him come in and it reminded me of the when I used to call him Monkey Boy. He was so quiet, even when he moved through the trees.

"What do you mean?" I tugged my shirt the rest of the way on, thankful it was so dark.

"You made a tiny little moan, and I know that you made it for me."

My skin felt like it was on fire. Luke put his arms around me in the darkness. I felt his lips brush my cheek.

At least my legs didn't go out from under me, though a familiar heat traced its way through my belly.

My skin tingled where Luke pressed his kiss. He placed another at the corner of my mouth and when I did not react, he stopped.

I can't do this! Not after my day with Dr. Green. Not after the way Victor made me feel at the piano. Not after Gabriel kissed me.

I can't do this to Luke, too!

What if North was right?

"Am I doing something wrong?" Luke asked quietly. His arms fell down to his sides. "Gabriel said he kissed your head and you fainted. I know you like him, and I thought you liked me...so I thought that when I kissed you..." Luke bit his lip. "Shit, I made you cry."

I wiped my arm across my wet eyes. "It's okay. It's just allergies."

Luke pulled me into a tight hug. "I know, Sang." He swept me off my feet then, tossing me into bed. I giggled as I bounced up once, and then Luke was beside me. "Can I cuddle you like yesterday?"