15

-Chapter 15-

Dr. Sean Green's POV:

I drummed my fingers on the school desk in the little music room as I waited for Owen to arrive. I knew he wanted to talk. Owen had been harboring quite the attitude since this morning. I presumed it was because of Sang's bruises. Or maybe it was because of Mr. Hendricks's interference.

He had called Sang's name on the overhead four times and she hadn't heard because she was in the nurse's office. Whatever that man wanted with Sang couldn't be good.

Several students had gone missing when Mr. Hendricks took his position as the principal of Ashley Waters High School, which was the reason we had been brought in by the Academy, that and the large sums of money that were being moved through the school; a telltale sign of money laundering.

Owen Blackbourne was an extremely reserved man, but the moment he caught sight of Sang's bruised flesh on the video Kota had recorded...those grey eyes of his hardened into steel.

Nothing got past Owen.

I'm sure he saw the history of scars marring her sweet skin just as my thumbs had felt the history. I hadn't seen a case that bad since...well, since Victor.

"Did she tell you who was beating her?" Owen strode into the room dressed in his typical grey suit and tie. His eyes flashed dangerously behind his black-rimmed glasses.

"By she I presume you mean Sang?" I asked, lolling my head to the side as he rounded my desk.

"Sean, this is not the time for you to be difficult, or do I really need to bring up this morning?"

I waggled my brows. "What ever do you mean, Owen?"

He didn't so much as crack a millimeter smile. "Mr. Hendricks has it out for her. He's been making girls disappear for three years and he wanted to speak with Sang alone."

"He's the principal, Owen. He has to speak with a lot of kids alone. We don't know if it's really him making people disappear. He could just be the face, and anyhow, I thought we were more worried about the money laundering. Isn't someone else working on the missing persons?"

"Yes, but the file regarding the mission is completely redacted. I cannot even get the name of the person they sent in. There are a few other obscure allies that are working on the case, but they aren't fully Academy."

"And what do we know about them?"

"Less than the person who has been put on the case for the missing persons."

"That's helpful." I smiled.

Owen rolled his eyes. "To make matters worse, I may or may not have said that Miss Sorenson was one of ours."

"Academy? Who did you tell that to?"

"Mr. Hendricks."

Oh, yeah. Mr. Hendricks was under the impression that we Academy members were coming over from a private school to be the shining example of what Ashley Waters' students should strive to be. It was supposed to help smooth out the disciplinary problems occurring at the school.

"Did he believe you?" I asked.

Owen furled. "Do you think he'd be asking her to come down to his office if he did? I overheard something about Mr. Hendricks having spoken with Sang's father, but I'm not sure as to what they discussed."

"So what would you like to do?"

"We're going to need to bring Sang into the Academy. If she's one of ours, Mr. Hendricks won't be able to lay a finger on her."