Chapter 53: Sharing is Caring

-Chapter 53-

Matthew Eli's POV:

Share a few things about myself? What the hell was I supposed to share? What did these people want to know?

Better question:

What did these people need to know?

Share a few things about myself...
Why not just ask me to stab myself in the eye with a fucking fork?

I kept my face void of emotions, meeting Mr. Blackbourne's steel gaze in the rear-view mirror. "What about me would you like to know?"

"Are you dating anyone?" The Greek's voice was dangerously low. Sang decided to make my situation worse by putting her arms around my middle as she slept.

"Why? Are you interested?" I asked.

Meanie started laughing as if I was the funniest man on the planet. "This fuckin' guy won't be so bad. At least he's got a sense of humor, Mr. Blackbourne!"

Their ex-leader rolled his eyes. "Any other questions for Mr. Eli?"

"You...can all call me Matthew." I really didn't want to be another Mr. Blackbourne.

"First name basis, heck yeah!" Meanie fist pumped.

"I've got one," North said. "Why did you go solo?"

"Because I'm not a people person, why do you think?" I looked back at him with a sneer I had perfected back when I had to deal with LA gangs.

"Wow," the doctor murmured. "You are just a master of evasive answers. This activity is about sharing. Did you fail kindergarten, Matthew?"

"You just earned yourself an hour," I said.

"Joke's on you!" chuckled Ginger Snap. "We do group punishments collectively, meaning you just gave yourself an hour, too."

Sang stirred against me before jerking into an upright position. "Sorry, I didn't mean... I didn't..." She wiped the sleep from her eyes. "How far are we?"

"We are still about two hours out, Miss Sorenson."

She nodded, looking up to me with a tired smile. "Have I told you thank you?"

"For what?" I asked. I should thank her for changing the fucking topic.

"For saving my life. I got away from that guy by myself, but I would have been lost in those halls until I was found or worse." Her bottom lip trembled, and I realized that strong shield she had put up was finally crumbling. A nap could do that to a person.

She knew she was safe and was starting to try and process everything that had happened to her.

I touched her cheek.

I couldn't help myself. I had to stop the tear that had escaped before it could slide down her face. "You're okay, Sang. You're safe... You saved my life, too, remember?"

She sniffled, probably because I reminded her that she shot a man in the fucking head. Nice work, Matt. Always smooth with the ladies.

"I thought you had died," she finally whimpered. "Your shirt was full of holes and you went down and something shifted inside me..."

"Oy, your shirt is full of bullet holes." Meanie leaned over the seat, breaking Sang and I apart. Luke pulled her into his lap, and I not-so-distantly wondered why none of them were wearing their seat belts. "Vic, can I borrow your credit card?" Meanie was practically in my lap now.

"Sure thing," called necklace guy.

"You might need a new leather jacket." Meanie was fingering the hole in the left shoulder where the bullet had grazed Sang.

"No, I can patch it."

From this close, I could see the crazy blueness of this guy's eyes. His hair was more of a soft brown with a lot of blond around the face. He smirked at me as he ran his fingers through my hair. "Shit, his hair is almost as great as Trouble's! There's red and brown mixed in all this black."

This guy was touching me.

What the fuck do I do?

Years of self defence crashed through my body as I forced each twitching muscle to keep still. Meanie was my subordinate. I could not smash his body through the car window.

Meanie grabbed my face in both of his hands.

"Oh, man. Gabe's got you now." Glasses boy winced over the seats.

Meanie equals Gabe. Got it.

I was going to punch Gabe out the fucking window. "Trouble, you found a bad ass. Look! He has stubble and everything!"

I feel so violated.

"Down, Mr. Coleman!" ordered Mr. Blackbourne.

Gabe sighed, dropping his hands from my cheeks and climbed his ass back over the seat.

I looked over to Sang who was lost in a giggle fit at the sight of Gabe on top of me. Glad someone thought this bullshit was funny...

Luke had his arms around her, whispering something that made her blush, and when she looked back, her nose accidently brushed his. "Eskimo kiss!" he declared, grinning. "I got an Eskimo kiss from Sang! Nah na na nah na to the rest of you losers!"

Sang's blush darkened as the boys began to tease her and she tucked her face against Luke's neck until the Greek guy stole her away.

She had her knees on his thighs as he hugged her tightly. "Aggele Mou," he rumbled. I tried not to listen, but it was difficult not to in such close quarters. "If you need to talk, I will always be here... I know you've been through a lot, but I really think you're going to be an incredible member of the Academy."

One point for Matt's leadership skills!

***

Sang Sorenson's POV:

Let me tell you, when Silas Korba looks at you with those deep brown eyes of his, your world stands still.

He held me in his big arms with surprising gentleness, "Aggele Mou..."

I saw anger and pain floating in the darkness of his face, and I wondered where such emotion had come from within such a kind person.

"If you need to talk, I will always be here... I know you've been through a lot, but I really think you're going to be an incredible member of the Academy," Silas paused, looking me over, his eyes settling on the bandage on my arm. "Is that where the bullet struck?"

I nodded as he covered the place with his big hand, as if he could heal it like that. "I'm going to have a scar."

"And it will be sexy as fuck," Luke chimed making Silas crack a smile, before drawing me close.