18

-Chapter 18-

Sang Sorenson's POV:

In the morning, Victor picked me up at the end of the block as planned. He drove alone and got the car door for me. "Good morning, Sang." He smiled really big, and all I could do was smile back.

I couldn't even squeak when I woke up this morning.

As Victor rounded the front of the car, I dug out the cell phone he lent me and sent him a text.

Victor 1 (Me): Let's play a game!

Victor looked down to his phone as he slid into the driver's seat and then over to me. His blond-brown hair was brushed away from his face and I couldn't help but notice how strong his features were. "What kind of game, princess?"

I made a motion of zipping up my lips and throwing away the key.

"The Quiet Game, hmm?"

I nodded then sent off another text. Victor 1 (Me): We should get everyone to play. Do you know sign language?

Victor grinned. Victor 2: A little. Keep my phone for the day and we'll talk like this. I'll let the others know what's going on.

When I arrived in Math class, Silas patted the seat in front of him and I went over, but before I could even set my backpack down, my name sounded over the intercom.

"Song Sorenson. Please have Song Sorenson please come to the main office. Song Sorenson."

My eyebrows went up.

Principal Hendricks had wanted me to come into the office this morning. How could I have forgotten? My heart dropped to my shoes. I couldn't talk either as I gathered my things.

Kota caught my sleeve. "Song?" he mouthed, wrinkling his nose.

I shrugged with a half-smile as I went for the door. The hallways were empty now and I made quick work of finding the main office. The labyrinth of hallways were becoming familiar and that alone made me walk with a little more confidence.

As I pushed into the office, the receptionist was waiting for me. She was younger. Blonde with those thin eyebrows colored in brown with make-up. "Song?" she asked.

I smiled, nodding slightly.

"Have a seat."

The office was empty aside from myself and an older guy in a leather jacket. He kept his head down, but he was just as big as Silas. He had golden blond hair cut short and was flicking through a cosmopolitan magazine.

When he caught me staring, he smiled slowly. His canine teeth looked especially sharp. "I enjoy the articles."

I nodded once before looking away and trying to never look back at that guy. He kind of scared the hell out of me.

I could hear him shift in his seat.

His enormous feet were shoved into black mercenary boots and his pants were tucked into the tops.

"Song," came Mr. Hendricks voice as he made his way into the office lobby. I tried not to roll my eyes as I pushed myself up to my feet. There was a flash of light to my right and my knees were so sore they almost gave out.