40

-Chapter 40-

Sang Sorenson's POV:

The sound of a faint rumbling had me opening my eyes. I rubbed at my face, stifling a yawn as I found myself in Luke's arms. Gabriel was behind me and I felt something hard against my back.

The faint rumbling died off and I realized that North and Matt must have finally made it home.

My heart picked up beat. I wanted to thank Matt again. He had left behind his leather jacket, and I wanted to ask him if it was okay if I kept it here another day.

I wanted to patch the shoulder where I had been shot at.

I wiggled out of Luke and Gabriel's grasp, trying not to giggle when the two began to snuggle each other, and padded out into the hall.

Surprisingly enough, it was Victor who I found at the bottom of the stairs. His wavy brown hair was kissed by the wind as he ran his fingers through the mess trying to tame it.

He was dressed in jeans for perhaps the first time in his life, but kept true with his white button down.

"Victor?" My voice came out quieter than I had expected, but his fiery brown eyes found me anyhow.

"What are you doing up still, Princess?"

"I heard you come in. I thought you were North and Matt," I admitted. He smiled softly, but before he could speak, I was already in his strong arms. "I'm so glad to see you. You were gone before I got back from the hospital."

Victor was quiet, though I felt his arms tighten around me.

"I wanted to talk with you about something, Victor." I kept my face tucked against his chest, my cheeks already flushing.

"What is it?"

"I really screwed up."

"Princess?"

"I broke my phone. I feel like such a jerk...but when Mr. Hendricks tazed me, either he or the other guy took it away."

He chuckled against my hair, but I didn't really see what was so funny.

"I want to pay you back, Victor." I pulled away so that I could look into his tired, smoldering eyes.

"I don't want your money, Princess. I'll get you a new phone tomorrow. It's not a problem."

"But, I..."

Victor put his hand on my cheek. "I mean it, Sang."

"Okay," I answered, finally.

"Say: Thank you, Victor."

"Thank you, Victor," I murmured, not wanting to pull back from his embrace. "Victor?"

"Sang?"

"What if I paid you back without money?"

"What do you mean, Princess?"

I bit my lip, unsure of how he would react. "I would...like to give you a kiss. Right there." I touched my finger to his lower lip. Victor went very still, though his eyes took on an intensity I had not yet seen. "Is that...would that be okay? You just do so much, and you even played the piano for me, and I wanted...I thought..."

As I rambled, Victor leaned down, touching his forehead to mine. My cheeks caught fire due to the inferno raging in his eyes. "I think that would be alright," Victor said quietly, "for you to pay me back with a kiss."

***

Victor Morgan's POV:

"I think that would be alright," I said quietly, "for you to pay me back with a kiss."