Chapter 22: Dr. Sean Green

-Chapter 22: Dr. Sean Green's POV-

I drummed my fingers on the school desk in the little music room as I waited for Owen to arrive. I knew he wanted to talk. Owen had been harboring quite the attitude since this morning. I presumed it was because of Sang's bruises.

Owen was so reserved, but the moment he caught sight of Sang's bruised flesh...those grey eyes of his hardened into steel. Nothing got past Owen. I'm sure he saw the history of scars marring her sweet skin. My thumbs sure felt the history. I hadn't seen a case that bad since...well, since Victor.

"Did she tell you who was beating her?" Owen strode into the room dressed in his typical grey suit and tie. His eyes flashed dangerously behind his black rimmed glasses.

"By she I presume you mean Sang?" I asked, lolling my head to the side as he rounded my desk.

"Sean, this is not the time for you to be difficult, or do I really need to bring up this morning?"

I waggled my brows. "What ever do you mean, Owen?"

He didn't so much as crack a millimeter smile. "You're a teacher, Sean. You're a teacher and I saw you kiss her."

I rolled my eyes. "Calm down. I didn't kiss her...our lips just touched. Plus, you know I'm not really a teacher."

"Yes you are, when you walk into this building that's exactly what you are. You cannot risk our cover for--"

I don't know what it was, but Owen was really pissing me off. I never wanted to do this job. Ashley Waters High School was a lost cause. Missing funding didn't matter that much to me. Lives did. Especially this poor girl my brothers had found.

"For what, Owen? I cannot risk our cover for what? For Sang? You saw the girl. You saw her scars. I won't turn a blind eye--"

"I'm not asking you to."

My green eyes met his. Owen was trying to tell me that I was overreacting. He was trying to tell me the girl would be okay. We were only here for our mission.

"Sang will not be okay without us." My hands were clenched into fists at my sides. When had I risen up from my desk? Why was my heart thundering so loudly? "I want Sang in our family."

"Sean, don't be so rash. She's having a difficult time at home, but that doesn't mean she's looking for a new family. We cannot just insert ourselves into her life."

"Well someone needs to! You see it in her big green eyes, Owen. I want to call a vote. We need a family meeting."

And that was that.

Owen and his stupid grey eyes narrowed in on me, thinking he can change my mind with sheer willpower alone, and then he was whipping out his cell phone.

He sent a group text, and I felt my own phone vibrate in my chest pocket.

Owen ♡: Family meeting today during sixth hour.

Victor: Won't Sang be there?

Kota: I think Dr. Green wants her to stay in the nurse's office for the rest of the day.

Victor: Is she okay, Dr. Green? I haven't got to see her today, and you left during class...

Me: Sang is why we need this meeting. She should be okay, Victor. We will all talk more during sixth hour.

I tucked away my phone lookin back up to Owen and muttered a thank you. "You'll see this is a good idea, Owen. She needs us."

But the oh-so-proper Mr. Blackbourne did not answer and so came the next very awkward hour of waiting for the boys to arrive.