22

-Chapter 22-

Nathan Griffin's POV:

I could hear Sang and Gabriel roughhousing upstairs. He was trying to convince the girl that he could be trusted with a pair of scissors. Gabe cut all of our hair and he was great at it, he told her as much.

"Gabriel, what if you make a mistake?" Sang's voice was very rough. "That's boy hair you've been cutting. I don't think I could rock a pixie cut."

"Trouble, you could make anything look good."

Puke, I thought, flicking through the movies on T.V. I settled for a zombie flick I hadn't seen in a few years. A few minutes later the front door opened and North stepped in.

He looked annoyed.

"What's the matter with you?"

"I'm getting hell for last night. Silas and I got called into the coach's office and we had to discuss how we were not going to allow girls to affect how we played on the field."

"You got called in on a Saturday?"

"Yeah. After practice. It's fucking ridiculous." North picked at his sleeve. "Sang could have gotten us in a lot of trouble last night."

"Eh," I disagreed. "Sang's a scrapper. She seems to hold her own just fine."

"Where is she?"

"Getting dolled up by Gabe, though you should have seen her when I got here. She was wearing this cute dark skirt...oh, speaking of skirts. That cheerleader yesterday..."

"Her name was Jade."

"She was really all over you. Did you finally lose your V card?"

He grimaced. "She's a fucking slut, Nate. She was stripping down for the team so that she could sleep with the newbies."

"So is that a yes or a no...?"

"Hell no. Silas stayed back because he could use Sang as an excuse as to why he wouldn't sleep with her, and I took Sang out of the party so I didn't have to stick around. Do you know how drunk Silas got her?"

I grinned at the memory. "She had a good time, leave them be."

"Yeah, she had a good time right up until Jade found us in the woods. She yanked Sang up by her hair and then all hell broke loose."

"What are you talking about? Drunk Sang kicked cheerleader ass." I laughed. "I don't even think Sang remembers it, but that's okay. Silas got pictures."

North shook his head. "That Jade girl is going to be a problem."

"How do you figure? She's probably just mad you wouldn't bang her, especially if she likes making men out of every guy on the football team."

"I think it goes deeper than that, Nate. She says we have a connection."

"Jade said that?"

North rolled his eyes. "Over and over again so she thought I was cheating on her or something when she came out in the woods and found Sang on top of me."

"Wait. Why was Sang on top of you?" That didn't sound right...

"She fell, I think. It's hard to tell what she's trying to do when she can't fucking say anything."

"Well, she got her voice back a little today," I told him.

"That's good. Is she upstairs?"

"With Gabe, yeah. He's getting her dressed and cutting her hair, I think."