Chapter 64: Money Doesn't Buy Love

-Chapter 64-

Victor Morgan's POV:

"I think that would be alright," I said quietly, "for you to pay me back with a kiss."

As the words left my mouth, my heart began to pound so loudly, I knew Sang could feel it with one of her hands spread over my heart as I lowered my lips to hers.

Sang wanted to give me a kiss.

She really did, because when I paused, keeping our mouths a breath apart, she pushed herself onto her tiptoes and completed our kiss.

It was soft and quick, and the look I saw in her eyes left me hungry for more. "Did you only kiss me because you want a new cellphone?" I didn't mean for the question to slip, but after such a perfect kiss, I couldn't imagine that there wouldn't be a catch.

Sang's mouth popped open in surprise. She slowly closed it, then smiled...then grinned. "I kissed you because I love you, Victor."

And I thought our kiss had frozen time.

***

Sang Sorenson's POV:

Victor told me he loved me when he and the others intercepted Matt and I after our great escape. Ever since Victor said it, I've been dying to say it back.

I love Victor Morgan!

I really did. I had never had a friend like him, and I was lucky enough to have Victor and eight other men willing to cross the world for me.

I loved them all, and I couldn't have even told you what love was two weeks ago.

Victor looked dumbstruck when I had said those three little words.

I love you, and his whole face went blank. Maybe he didn't feel the same? Maybe he had only said he loved me because he had been caught up in a moment? Maybe I shouldn't have said it... maybe--

Victor's lips met mine for a second time. His kiss was warm and sweet and he took his time to deepen the kiss. His teeth grazed my bottom lip and the butterflies in my belly shot lower. I moaned against his mouth. I couldn't help it. His lips froze before he bit my lip again. When I made the same sound, he growled at me softly and pulled away. "I'm glad you're safe, Sang." Victor's voice was rough as he pressed a kiss to my forehead. "You should get back to sleep."

"Are you going to sleep, too?" I asked, feeling lightheaded after our kiss.

He looked down, blushing. "Yeah, in a little bit. I'll check on you soon, okay?"

"Promise?"

"I promise, Princess."

I returned to bed with Luke and Gabriel and tried to stay awake for Victor. I really did try, but before I knew it, I was already...drifting...to sleep...

***

Gabriel Coleman's POV:

Trouble was fucking adorable. I knew damn well someone had got to first base when she wandered back to bed looking like a lovestruck kitten. (Damn it, I would have to be careful to not say shit like that in front of Mr. B, considering his newfound love for cats.)

It probably should have bothered me that someone other than Dr. Green had already pressed a kiss to those lips of hers but Sang's kisses were meant in the most innocent of ways, I couldn't rally any feelings of resentment or insecurity. Or maybe I was just tired.