Chapter 46: Abandoned Buildings

-Chapter 46-

Sang Sorenson's POV:

The man's big hand encompassed mine in the darkness of the closet. He was waiting for the men who had run by to give up their search for us.

By now, it was likely they had found the man I had accidently killed. I winced at the thought.

"You're wrists are bleeding." I felt the stranger's eyes on me in the darkness.

"It doesn't matter," I whispered.

I don't know what he did, but suddenly the handcuffs came undone. He tucked them in his pocket before taking both my wrists. "It does matter. They aren't deep, but something like this could make you slow."

He pulled away from me, feeling around the closet until he came back with ribbons of cloth. He bandaged me in silence.

I couldn't protest.

I was naked in a closet with a total stranger, and I knew I was lucky he was patching me up instead of using his knife on me.

"What is your name?" I asked quietly, unable to stand the silence.

"Matthew Eli, but most people just call me Eli."

"Why?"

"Because most people are not my friends," he murmured, tying off the second bandage. His gaze flicked across my bare chest before his eyes found mine again. His expression hardened as he removed his jacket. "Here, you shouldn't..."

"Thanks." Our fingers brushed before he turned around, letting me slide on the leather jacket. I zipped it up, feeling safer already with my breasts and...other womanly places hidden.

I looked up to see Matthew Eli, his arms were crossed over his black shirt. Two handguns were at his hip.

"You're packing heat." The words were out of my mouth before I could stop them, and I watched as the man glanced down as if he had forgotten.

He removed one of the guns from its holster. "You should really be armed, girl. Have you ever fired one of these?"

I shook my head quickly as he pushed the weapon into my hands.

"Well you won't be firing one now, but when we get out there, you just point and pull the trigger. The safety is on, so show me what you got."

I lifted the gun, aiming at the door next to us. I closed one eye.

"Both eyes open, exhale slowly as you pull the trigger." He moved behind me, positioning my arms. Nothing happened when I pulled the trigger. "That was good. That weapon holds 20 bullets."

"You want me to shoot people?"

"Butt naked in my leather jacket, yes I do."

I blushed hotly at that. "You told me not to fight at all when I first met you. They touched me all over. Now you're telling me to shoot people... Your advice kind of sucks."

Matthew chuckled. "Hey, without me you'd still be naked in a closet."

I hugged myself protectively.

"Girl, I told you not to fight those men, because I didn't think you could. Clearly, I was wrong." He put his hand on my head a moment before ruffling my hair. "So let's give it another hour and then we will get outta here."

"Why are you in here anyway?" I asked.

"It's my mission," answered Matthew as his hand fell away from my hair. Mission? "I'm a, well they call the men dogs but I have always seen myself more as a wolf, a lone wolf at that.