Chapter 63: Trust me, I'm a Doctor!

-Chapter 63-

Dr. Sean Green's POV:

Matthew was half dead by the time we pulled up at the little 7/11 at the edge of the cornfield. North had the guy on his back and was administering CPR.

Good boy. It made their annual recertification worth every minute of those boys complaining.

The first thing that caught my attention was the deep bruise on North's forehead. His face was flecked with blood and there was a nasty tear at his side and shoulder.

His wounds were next to minor in comparison to Matthew.

A six inch shard of glass was sticking out from the young man's left eye socket. I was uncertain how deep it was, but it had sliced something other than just the eyeball, judging by how much blood had streamed down his face.

The glass appeared to have gone in at an angle, grazing the side of the eyeball. Perhaps with surgery, he would be able to keep the eyeball, but whether or not his sight would return would be a question for an optometrist.

Matthew also appeared to be suffering other wounds as well if the bloody vomit covering his entire front was any indication.

Matthew was coming to life just as we pulled up to the curb. He was trying to push away North, but North managed to catch his arms, keeping him still so he wouldn't hurt himself.

"Over here, shit, I thought he was fucking dead. I thought those people would come after us before you got to us, Mr. B. Fuck." North's voice was rough with fear and exhaustion.

I focused my attentions on Matthew as my brothers helped me get him into the car. I saluted the blonde cashier at the window as I shut the car door behind myself.

Victor opted to take Matthew's motorcycle the rest of the way home, and North took shotgun next to Owen as we headed for home.

Home.

I couldn't wait to get there and have a break. Emotionally and physically, I was exhausted.

Sang had been kidnapped/sold by her crazy mother to her sick high school principal into a sex ring, which inadvertently revealed that Victor's mother may have been taken by the same ring since her necklace was found at the ring's old headquarters. (Victor let us know about his worries regarding the necklace on the drive over).

Aside from having to worry about Sang's mental stability after such a trauma, what to do regarding her home life, school life, and the fact that she is a ghost bird, North and our new group leader Matthew were in a serious accident.

Matthew might be blinded. North might have a concussion, and we are supposed to be training to take down the priorly mentioned sex ring which we were so kindly volunteered for.

By volunteered, I mean voluntold.

Because it was either give up our favors and join the cause, or allow Sang to stay prisoner in sex prison. We would have never found her without the damn Academy.

The same damn Academy who was going to recruit her for being a ghost bird and take away any chance the poor girl has at being normal.

Worse, they could end up taking her away from our family.

Matthew cried out as Owen took a much to sharp turn with the car. "Easy Owen, let me do some work on the guy. He needs something to take the edge off." I was working to keep the glass from shifting around, but the moment I touched the shard, Matthew screamed.

The sound made my stomach twist, as I watched the consciousness in his good eye flicker out.

I removed a syringe filled with a pain killer and gave him the injection. That would help some while I worked on his injuries.