Chapter 19: Luke's Proposition

-Chapter 19-

Kota and Silas both looked up from their desks as I walked into math class, late again.

Their worried eyes followed me as I took a seat on the opposite side of the room.

Desipite Mr. Blackbourne's weird outburst and the fact that Dr. Green had accidentally stolen my first kiss, I was hell bent on keeping those boys at a distance.

Plus Dr. Green had said Kota was the one who had told him about my bruises. Which meant Kota had seen me topless at my window. That piece of information was enough to keep me from meeting his gaze again.

When class ended, I tried to race for the door, unfortunately I could only manage a shamble and Silas cut me off in the hallway. He took my hand, pulling me by the lockers. "Aggele, please don't avoid us just because of North."

Kota stood behind him. "Please listen to him, Sang. North doesn't speak for everyone, and the rest of us want you in our lives."

"You want me in your lives?" I raised a brow because it would have hurt too bad to laugh. I could never be a part of their lives. Not with my mother.

North had the right idea. They all should shut me out while they still can.

"Of course we want you in our lives," Kota went on. "Mr. Blackbourne thinks he has a perfect role for you in his play, and Luke wants to...ninja with you? Whatever that means."

I couldn't stop my smile.

Kota smiled back, green eyes flashing behind his glasses. "Gabriel already wants to dress you and Victor...never have I seen Victor talk to a girl the way he talks to you.

"And I think you're great and so does Nathan and Silas. So many of my brothers have taken a shining to you, and they want to keep seeing you.

"North will come around, so you don't need to avoid us. We like you. Luke wants to take you out tree climbing, and like I said, Mr. Blackbourne wants you in the play, so hopefully we will be seeing more of each other--"

The bell sounded overhead.

"Oh, shoot. I'm just going to be late to every damn class." I swore, wincing as I reached down for my backpack, but Silas got there first.

"May I walk you, Aggele Mou?"

I nodded. "Kota?" I asked before he could walk away. "How many people know that you...saw me last night?"

His eyebrows shot up at the unexpected question, and as it so happened, Kota blushed worse than I did. "My brothers..." he admitted. "Those bruises looked really bad Sang. I'm sorry if I crossed a line."

I shook my head, smiling as brightly as I could manage. "I just fell Kota. So no need to worry. Dr. Green said I was going to be fine."

At the same moment I said the words both Kota and Silas were reaching into their pockets to fish out their phone. Their eyes scanned over what I presumed to be a text message.

Kota and Silas looked at each other, using that super secret telepathy talk the boys seemed to share before Kota excused himself.

Silas walked me to English class quietly, but before he let me go in, he touched his forehead to mine and murmured, "Είμαι ευτυχής εσείς επιλέγετε να μείνετε μαζί μας, Aggele. Όλα τα αδέρφια μου έχουν αντιμετωπίσει τους δαίμονες, και εμείς θα σας βοηθήσει να αντιμετωπίσουν τα δικά σας." (I'm glad you chose to stay with us, Aggele. All of my brothers have faced demons, and we will help you face your own).