39

-Chapter 39-

Owen Blackbourne's POV:

"Don't wake Miss Sorenson. She has been through enough this weekend," I said as I worked to put on my jacket. Dr. Green was already awake again, which bothered me some since he rarely slept nowadays. "Someone please tend to Mr. Simba. He needs to be brushed and if we are not back by 9 PM, please make sure to put him to bed. He prefers the left side."

Gabriel and Luke had taken Miss Sorenson up to bed a little while earlier, leaving the rest of us to scramble to find our missing teammate. Mates, I reminded myself.

Kota opted to stay home with kitten, knowing Victor would be better suited to track Matthew's phone. He managed to catch the cellphone's last ping before it disappeared off the radar.

Nathan chose to stay back as well, stating that if Mr. Hendricks tried to come for Sang he wanted to be here bust open his kneecaps. That seemed to be the preferred method of punishment among our team.

Silas wanted to come, but was forced to stay back since Dr. Green's car only seated five people. It was beyond me why North and Matthew had decided to take that monster car as their mode of transportation, but it paid off seeing that there was a built in GPS which Victor was already working on tracking down.

We took off down the highway, heading back for Georgia.

***

Luke Taylor's POV:

The hardest thing about being a man, is trying not to be a pervert around the girl you like.

It's even more difficult when she crawls into bed with you and asks you to hold her.

My cheeks were on fire as I tried to hide my face in her hair. She was fast asleep, holding onto Gabriel in the same fashion I was holding onto her. A three person spoon.

Sexy.

"Luke, are you awake?" Gabriel whisper asked.

"Yep." I popped the p, trying to remember if I had ever felt so strangely happy and worried at the same time. North had been gone a really long time, but having my body pressed against Sang's...

"I don't think I'm going to be able to fucking sleep with Trouble on me like this. I've never..."

I tried not to laugh. "You've got a hard-on, don't you?"

"She keeps moving her hands, Luke, and she's getting really close as I'm about to close my eyes and, fuck--" He groaned quietly, and I watched him catch Sang's hand, pressing her palm to his chest.

The sound Gabriel made somehow managed to make me jealous and had all my blood rushing south at the same time. Damn it, I was sicker than Dr. Green.

I squeezed my eyes closed, trying not to let Sang's close proximity affect me.

"Luke, you still up?"

How could I not be? "Yeah..."

"I've never been with a girl, but I get it now. Trouble could ask anything of me and I would do it."

I licked my lips. "Sang isn't like any girl I've been with, Gabe. I've never had someone affect me like this."

"You mean like when her green eyes look at you and you can't think straight because she's so damn beautiful and you're trying not to sputter like an idiot, but even if you do, she'd probably just giggle and love you more for it?"

"Yeah, she's so damn sweet. We failed her when we let Mr. Hendricks take her and she's already forgiven us."

"I hate myself for that," Gabriel muttered.