July 30th 2016

So, Echo's story is up! https://www

So, Echo's story is up! https://www.wattpad.com/story/77948212-echo

Go read and enjoy!

 "Hello?"

"You said that you'd call me back, but you never did?"

"When did I ever tell you that I'd phone you back?"

"In your voicemail greeting."

"No, I said I'd get back to you at a more convenient time."

"And at no time today did it seem convenient to call your fiancé?"

"Do you relly want me to answer that?"

"... No."

"Sorry, babe, but I had to sort Echo out. She phoned earlier, freaking out about her dress."

"She didn't like my pick?"

"Daniel, how many times? I didn't go with your pick. I made Jasmine choose instead and she went with that backless red dress that you didn't like because it was too form fitting."

"What was wrong with my dress?"

"Nothing was wrong with it."

"So, what was Echo freaking out about?"

"Oh, you know, the fact that the dress was backless and red."

"Ha! She hated it! In your face, Jasmine! I bet you anything Echo will have loved my dress more than what Jasmine picked!"

"Whatever."

"What else did Echo say?"

"She called me a Fashionista and said I had glossy hair. Then she ranted a little about how figure-hugging the dress was and how she was the President of The Itty-Bitty-Titty Society. After that, she threatened to cut all my clothes and shave off my eyebrows. Apparently, there'll be a lot of pain."

"..."

"You'll protect me, right? I mean, I think she was joking, but with Echo, you never know."

"I love you, Soph, I really do. But If Echo is stood there with a sharp object and she's aiming it at you, I'm not going to get myself stuck in the middle! Sorry, sweetheart, but you're on your own for that."

"Wrong answer, buddy."

"I disagree. It's a perfectly acceptable answer."

"Anyway, I did send her some shoes I think she might like. I haven't heard back from her so I take it she went to the party without much fuss. Although, I wonder how she's getting along."

"I cannot picture her in a party setting. Seeing her at Emma and Adam's wedding was enough."

"Mm... I think she'll be ok. She's not completely anti-social. She's just selectively social. She'll be fine."

"Maybe. Once you find out how it wen, let me know."

"Haha, ok. Now, can we talk bout the Masterchef final?"

"No."

"But-"

"I'm really not that interested in talking about it. I watched it last night, that's enough for me. I now who won, so we needn't dissect every element of the final."

"Ok, well I'm all out of things to talk about. Anything you want to talk about?"

"Not really, no."

"Well, aren't you boring."

"I took Alfred for a walk earlier with Samuel."

"How is my gorgeous boy doing? That video of him you sent me on Thursday was beyond cute."

"He's a little rascal. Connie loves him, as do Evelyn's children. They've been coming down to the house in Amesbury every weekend. She and Alistair think the fresh air does them good and it gives Evie time to bond with us. You know, family time."

"That's amazing, Daniel. Really, it is."

"I know. I quite like being an uncle. They call me Uncle Dan."

"And let me guess- Samuel is Uncle Sam?"

"Close, but not quite. He's Cool Uncle Sam."

"Haha! 'Cool,' huh?"

"Apparently."

"You're not bitter at all."

"Slightly."

"Otherwise, everything with your family and Evie- it's all ok?"

"Yep. We've finally figured out why Samuel wants to go back to uni, too. You know he inherited half of my father's business, Courtenay Galleries? He wants to be active in its running and he thinks completing his History of art degree will help. He and Evelyn, seeing as they're partners, are working out how to run an art gallery. So far, it's going rather well. Alistair is helping out a lot in his spare time, seeing as he's a curator and everything."

"Sam and Evie doing some sibling bonding is always a good sign."

"He's even calling her Sissy nowadays."

"God. Does she like it?"

"She hates it but Samuel  insists, so she's putting up with it. She doesn't want to hurt his feelings."

"That's really sweet."

"It is."

"..."

"Did you just yawn?"

"Sorry, it's just that I'm really tired."

"It's only, what, five pm in New York?"

"I binged watched a lot of Masterchef and the late night is finally catching up with me. I think I need a nap."

"Off you go for a nap, then. It's almost midnight here, so I best get to bed, too."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome. Sweet dreams, Soph."

"Don't let the bed bugs bite, baboon."