November 21st 2016

"Is Evie telepathic?"

"I highly doubt it. Why?"

"She's been at the house for most of the day and it's really unsettling how she and Samuel are staring at each other but neither are speaking. I think they're telepathically communicating with one another."

"They're not doing anything but staring at each other?"

"No, they are. Kinda. Evie will raise an eyebrow, Samuel will shift uncomfortably. Evie smirks and sits back in her chair. Samuel folds in on himself and stares at the ground. Then Evie starts tapping her fingers on the arm of the chair before Samuel sends her death glares."

"Oh."

"Is that normal?"

"How long have they been doing that?"

"A while."

"I need a definite number, Soph."

"About an hour. Give or take a few minutes."

"And neither of them have broken?"

"As in spoken?"

"Yes."

"No. Neither has spoken."

"Right."

"What does this mean?"

"It means that Evie is trying to break Samuel."

"Break him?"

"Get him to talk."

"Talk?"

"Yesterday, Samuel got so drunk he couldn't really form coherent words-"

"He spoke to me on the phone."

"A rare moment of clarity,  I suppose. Count yourself lucky because all the rest of us got was grunts, slurs and a lot of things being thrown at us. Do you know how much it cost to get a new phone?"

"A lot."

"Too much. Anyway, Evelyn likes to get us to open up about our emotions and seeing as Samuel did not do that yesterday, she's going to force him to do it today."

"Ok. So, what should I do?"

"Leave them to it."

"But... they're in my living room."

"And?"

"We deided not to put a TV in any of the other rooms, so where am I supposed to watch The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills?"

"..."

"Damn it. Samuel and I were just getting into that show, too."

"Sophie?"

"Yes?"

"You need to get a hobby."

"I did. Elysian was my hobby but that was also Jasmine's hobby so it can't be my hobby any longer if it continues to be her hobby."

"Get a new one then."

"Such as?"

"I don't know. Take up roller derby."

"Too violent."

"Take Alfie and Hetty out for a walk."

"Samuel and I already did that. It was a really good way for him to clear his head. Well, it was, after he stopped complaining about how London traffic was making his hangover worse."