August 2nd 2016

"What time are you flying in on Thursday? I tried asking Jasmine earlier while you were in your meeting and she told me to ask you."

"Ah."

"That's not a good 'ah.'"

"I'm not coming to London."

"You're not coming to London?"

"No."

"Well, you have to come to London because we're going to Dublin for your grandparents' anniversary."

"I know. That's why I'm going straight to Dublin."

"..."

"You're annoyed. I can hear it in the silence."

"It would have been nice if you had told me."

"Sorry, I just thought... I mean, I took it for granted that you'd... it makes more sense to go straight to Dublin, that's all."

"..."

"Daniel, c'mon."

"No."

"You're just being stubborn."

"Stubborn?"

"Yes."

"Sophie, you and I are a partnership. You're supposed to discuss this kind of things with me."

"I'm supposed to tell you my flight details?"

"Yes. It's about communication."

"Well... Look, I'm not used to having to explain it to people because it's always just been me."

"No, that's a lie. You always loop me in on your flight plans. But why not this time?"

"I didn't think it would matter."

"It doesn't, but that's not the point."

"Then what is the point?"

"Communication! That's the point."

"Ok, well, Daniel, this is me communicating the fact that I'm flying into Dublin airport at quarter past six on Thursday evening."

"Don't take the piss, Sophie."

"Ok, is this really about my flight or is this about something else?"

"It's about-"

"Communication?"

"Exactly!"

"Then let me communicate this- I'm hanging up. I'll talk to you when you're more reasonable."

"Don't you dare-"

[Call ended.]

Well! I wonder what crawled up his arse!