September 21st 2016

"..."

"... "

"..."

"... "

"..."

"Well, this has been a thrilling conversation."

"Sophie! Oh, thank God it's you!"

"Hello, Daniel."

"Never, ever leave me again! Jesus, Soph, do you know how much crap I had to put up with from Jasmine?"

"I'm guessing it was a lot."

"It was. And then Evie started! The only highlight of the days without talking to you was the conversation with Charlotte."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. She's changed though. She's a lot more guarded now. Brogan totally broke her."

"Fair enough assessment. So, what was the conversation with my mother like?"

"... Hm?"

"Mum answered last night. Didn't she have anything to say to you? Wasn't that conversation insightful?"

"Um..."

"I suppose not, seeing as you hung up on her within seconds of her answering the phone!"

"I lost signal."

"No, try again."

"The dog ate my phone."

"Wrong answer. Third time lucky?"

"I got scared of having to speak to your mother over the phone- in French- so I hung up on her."

"Its a good thing that Mum kinda likes you, otherwise she would be totally affronted by your actions."

"You mother more than kinda likes me! Camille loves me. I'm like the son she never had."

"Camille has a son."

"Oh, yeah. I'm like the son-in-law she never had."

"She has one of those too."

"Right. Well, the point is, Camille loves me. Not 'kinda' but absolutely."

"Haha. OK, if you say so."

"I do say so. Where have you been, anyway? Hold on... May I first just say that I am supremely grateful that Keira buggered off back to Ireland before I had the opportunity to hear her signature sarcasm. Now, back to my question- Soph, where you been?!"

"I've been at my mother's atelier, getting fitted for some dresses."

"Which dresses?"

"There were a few."

"I hear that you had a fitting for your wedding gown."

"I did."

"Wait... Shouldn't you be playing it coy and telling me that you hadn't?"

"I'm past caring about playing it coy. You already know I have a gown and it's not like you're going to be stopping by my mother's atelier, so what do I care if you know I had a fitting."

"How do you know that I won't be going to Camille's atelier?"

"Because you'll never find it."

"I think I could if I tried. Why did you need Evie and Connie with you if you were being fitted?"

"Why not? Connie doesn't have granddaughters and Evie has two boys. Coming wedding dress shopping or fittings or whatever is the least I can do. Would you rather that I hadnt asked them to come?"

"No, I thought it was a nice sentiment to ask them. Evie hasn't stopped talking about how much fun Paris was. I'm guessing you didn't take her to the underground tombs."

"No, I did. She loved it. Connie went with Mum to find something called a grandmother-of-the-groom outfit, though."

"Did she find one?"

"Nope. That's why Mum is making one for her."

"Spoilt. Bet she loved that."

"Yeah, she did seem excited."

"Soph?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you for including my family."

"Of course, after all, they're my family too. Almost."

"Still, thank you."

"It was my pleasure."

"I have to go. Evie is staring at me. I think that means I have to go back to do some more packing."

"Off you go then. I love you, Daniel."

"I love you too, Soph."