Hit Me with Your Best Shot

Here's a chapter for you

Here's a chapter for you. Sorry it's coming late in the day. 

So, I did warn you that you'd have to read Echo's story to understand this chapter, but there's a slight recap in the middle. P.S. I love it when Daniel and Keira are together. So much fun!

See you tomorrow!

"Wait a second," Daniel says from the back seat as he shakes his head

"Wait a second," Daniel says from the back seat as he shakes his head. Stopping at a set of traffic lights, I use the rear view mirror to look at him, seeing the utter horror on his face. He closes his eyes and sighs. "You mean to say that your entire family is going to be at this dinner, as well as everyone's Plus One? That's a boat load of people. It's like Noah's Ark, but with humans, surely."

Rolling my eyes, I turn away from the conversation, letting Charlotte turn in her seat to address my fiancé. "How many times, Daniel?" She says, clearly as exasperated with his whining as I am. "It's only thirty people, you'll be fine. Look, Brogan's not worried about it, so why should you be?"

Brogan Greyson, Charlotte's quasi-boyfriend, nods in response, a smug smile stretching across his lips. When the lights turn to green, I press my foot on the accelerator and pull out into the late Friday traffic. Aunt Helen's home is in the Ballsbridge area of Dublin, a thirty-minute drive from my parents' house in Malahide, but with Daniel's nerves getting the better of him, it felt like longer. 

Thankfully, we were only a few streets away from our destination and I could see the car in front of slowing down, ready to take the next turn. Not having driven in Ireland for at least a year, my skills behind the wheel were a little rusty, but Dad was taking every turn and corner like a pro and I was left to mimic his devil-may-care style of driving. As I took a sharp right,  heard Charlotte yelp, while the men in the back gave a shrill scream followed by a few profanities.

"Do you even have a license?" Brogan asks once he's repositioned himself in his seat. 

"A license to kill, perhaps," Daniel grumbled, although it was still audible to me. I shoot him a glare through the mirror, not that he took any notice. Instead, his gaze was firmly on the car in front of us that was slowing down, the indicator light flashing. "Are we finally here?"