December 21st 2016

"Where are you?"

"Fishing."

"You're fishing?"

"Yes."

"You're supposed to be here, helping me!"

"Helping you with what?"

"Survive!"

"You've survived twenty-nine years on your own. I'm sure you'll be ok without me."

"Camille and Connie are battling it out."

"Over what?"

"Tablecloths."

"They're arguing over tablecloths?"

"Arguing? No. Fighting for domination? Yes."

"But... tablecloths?"

"Don't ask. Charlotte and Emma are in hiding until the madness ends, while I'm piggy in the middle. I don't like it, Daniel. Come back and save me."

"Sophie?"

"Yes?"

"I have a solution. It may seem radical to you but trust me when I say that it is a perfect plan."

"Ok, what is it?"

"Leave."

"Leave?"

"Take Charlotte and Emma, get in the car and leave. There's a really nice restaurant not far from the estate that does a splendid afternoon tea. Ask Baxterley and he'll give you the directions. If you ask him nicely, he'll even drive you there."

"But... why can't you just come back?"

"Stop whining, Soph. Camille and Connie need to learn to live together because, in just over a week, they're going to be family."

"If they wind up killing each other, you're cleaning up the mess."

"Gladly. Now, find your sisters, get appropriately dressed and go. You'll enjoy, I'm sure."

"Fine. Enjoy... fishing."

"We are."

"You're all boring old farts."

"We'll take that as a compliment."

"You would."

"I'll see you later, Soph."

"You better shower before I see you. If you stick of fish, you're sleeping in another room."

"Noted."

"I love you."

"I love you, too."