Anything Can Happen

So, I was going to go down the route of a Sophie/Daniel POV chapter, but I cannot resist a look at the whole Charlotte-Isaac thing. So, that's where I went with this chapter update, and it'll likely give me some material for the next few days worth of updates.

I know my A/N have been sparse, and for that, I apologise. It's a manic time of year and at the minute I'm battling a terrible cold (AGAIN!) which has me feeling really fatigued. I'm super rundown at the moment and I absolutely hate it. 

I am also acutely aware that I'm behind with updating Good Morning Beautiful. It's been almost seven weeks (give or take) since I last updated that story and I miss Manah! The good new is, I finish work this Friday (16th) which means I have a full week of doing nothing (at least, nothing planned) so I have an opportunity to write a new Manah chapter. Or two. I will also be concentrating on writing the Danphie Wedding chapter, which is super scary. 

So, yeah, that's what's going on at the moment. Fun fact for tonight's update- I have my dog sleeping on the chair next to me and he's snoring, and he's also wearing silver sequined reindeer antlers around his neck. He makes me laugh! (I'll try and get a photo of him so I can post it tomorrow for you all to see how cute his is!)

Sarah, xx

~*~*~

"Will you all just, please, shut up?" My sister grumbled from the passenger side seat. 

Having slumped there as soon as she got in the car, her eyes hidden behind a dark pair of sunglasses, I was starting to worry that Sophie had died. Now, I see that I was thoroughly mistaken. "Oh, you're alive," I commented, looking around the seat in front of me to see Sophie looking like death warmed up. I stifled a giggle, looking at Daniel in the driver's seat before turning back and ruffling my sister's hair. "You know, I would be sympathetic, but this is all your doing. I told you not to drink that much Prosecco, but you refused to listen."

"Charlotte?" Sophie's gruff voice spoke, a clear sign that she'd survived a heavy night. "Unless you have something nice to say, shut up."

Daniel shook his head in mirth, a smile stretched fully across his lips, while Isaac Fletcher bit down on his fist to stop the laughter escaping. We had all been at Sophie's X Factor Finals Party last night and witnessed her and Jenna drink their weight in Prosecco, so it was no surprise to see Sophie looking less than her usual self. 

Her dark hair was dishevelled and resembled a scarecrow's mane, her blue eyes were bloodshot and very sensitive to light, and her fashion sense had clearly left her high and dry. Today, rather interestingly, she wore a full skirt, thick wool tights, an oversized jumper and a cashmere scarf, finished off with a pair of red velvet ankle boots and mock-python clutch bag. I was half tempted to take a photo of her, but I knew Sophie would kill me if I did.

"Just out of interest," Isaac piped up from beside me. "Why were you having the Finals Party last night when the actual final is tonight?"

When Sophie didn't answer, Daniel looked up into the rear-view mirror and began to explain. "It was so that she could have an X Factor Finals Party, two point oh."

What no one knows about my sister is that she's an absolute reality TV junkie. Big Brother, Britain's Got Talent, The Voice, Got To Dance, X Factor, I'm A Celebrity, Strictly Come Dancing... if there was a chance for her scream her judgement at the TV and criticise people, Sophie wouldn't miss the opportunity for the world. Granted, not all the shows were deserving of a Finals Party, but in Sophie's mind, The X Factor was, mainly due to the fact that their final spanned two evenings which gave her more time to 'celebrate.' 

An invite had been extended to Sophie and Daniel's close circle of friends, and although drinks and nibbles had been provided, only a few had taken it to the extreme that Sophie had. Mainly, it had been Jenna, Milly and Michael, while the rest of us were sensible adults. Granted, Lucas couldn't drink on Doctor's orders, but the rest of us knew better than to be dragged down to Sophie's level of enthusiasm.