Memory Box

A/N

To make up for (what I think was) a really bad update yesterday! Hope this one reads better.

Sarah, xx

~*~*~

"Get up!" I shout, barging into the guest room without a care in the world

"Get up!" I shout, barging into the guest room without a care in the world. I briefly look out the corner of my eye to see Keira and Logan stirring, thankful that they aren't doing the dirty, and whip the curtains open. "It's a beautiful day and we are going to make the most of it. Go downstairs, grab a box and then come and help us pack."

"Wha' de feck, Sophie?" Keira yelled. 

Logan winced beside her and held a hand over her mouth to shut his girlfriend up. I couldn't blame him, but how I wished that he'd done that last night when she was screaming out his name. Honestly, I thought Daniel had been joking about the shenanigans coming from this room, but after laying awake and having to witness it all first hand, I knew that Daniel had not been exaggerating at all. 

"Get up," I say once more, slower this time so that my very hungover cousin could understand the instruction. "Daniel and I are making a start on packing the house up and while you're here to lend a helping hand, that's what you're going to do. Oh, before I forget!" I stepped out of the guest bedroom, picked up a metal waste bin and re-entered the guest room to place the bin on the side dresser. "Strip the bed, place the sheets in the bin and then use the matchsticks provided to burn them. Take them outside, though. We don't want to start a fire before the sale of the house goes through."

Seeing as the new house was ready- and furnished- Daniel and I had agreed that we may as well start moving our belongings. The goal was to move in completely before December and with a lot of my New York things in storage and Daniel's stuff already in the house, we only had this place to sort through. I'd already guessed that most of the mews house furniture wasn't accompanying us to the new place because Daniel hated some of the pieces I had, but it all needed to be boxed up.

Taking advantage of the fact that there were a lot of people in London today, we'd roped as many people as we could into coming over this afternoon to help. Daniel and I had been awake for hours but it was only now that others were starting to arrive, soon to be joined by two very hungover teenagers.

Walking into the living area, I saw that Emma and Adam were here, both staring incredulously at Daniel who was armed with the green vase that had been passed down my maternal family. Emma was muttering in French and I could vaguely make out the words 'ugly' and 'never.' Adam, however, was intrigued enough to take the vase from Daniel, a move that made Daniel beam. 

"There," Daniel said triumphantly. "You accepted my gift. It is now yours to keep. Congratulations. Sophie, I got rid of the bloody thing!"

"Well done, gold star for you," I say, rolling my eyes as I approached the trio. I was about to rub it in Emma's face that she was now the proud owner of the vase when the front door buzzed. Knowing that it was mainly my family that were coming to help box everything up, I bypassed Daniel and went to open the door. Standing on the other side, however, was Fletch. "Why are you here?"