August 3rd 2016

"Are you still angry with me?"

"..."

"Daniel-"

"I wasn't angry with you, Soph. I could never be angry with you."

"But-"

"I was pissed off, yes, but not with you. I had a shitty day at work yesterday and then everything that happened after just compounded on that. I took it out on you over something really trivial and I am so ashamed of the way I spoke to you. I am so, very terribly sorry that I made you think that I was mad at you."

"I think you should mess up a little more because your apologies always sound so amazing."

"I should mess up a little less and therefore not have to apologise at all. You didn't deserve my attitude last night, Sophie."

"I didn't, but at least you see that now. However, I should have told you about my flight plans. To think, we talk on the phone every day, yet communication is still a weak point. I promise I'll get better at looping you in."

"You shouldn't have to explain yourself to me, Soph."

"Maybe not, but like you said, we're a team. Time to be a team player, huh?"

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

"I wasn't thanking you for being a team player. I was thanking you for-"

"I know why you were thanking me. And you are still welcome."

"I don't deserve you, Sophie Clément."

"I don't deserve you either. You're too good for me, Whitaker."

"You're better for me, Clément."

"Please, now you're turning this into a competition. Let's just agree that I am fucking amazing, and so are you, and that together we are going to be even more amazing. Wanna know why?"

"Because we're a team?"

"Because we are a team."

"God, I love you."

"While God is loveable, I'm pretty sure you should be saying those three words to me, not to a higher power."

"I love you, too, Sophie."

"Atta boy."

"You're so weird."

"You love my weirdness."

"That I do. So, tell me about your flight tomorrow. When do you arrive in Dublin?"

"Urgh, late. Emma, Adam, Brogan and I are staying at the hotel tomorrow night because it's closer to the airport, and then once your flight- wait, did you get Jasmine's e-mail today?"

"The flight itinerary?"

"Yeah."

"I got it."

"You're cool with travelling with my parents, Charlotte, Lucas and Milli?"

"I'll be fine. I think Camille secretly love me now."

"Intriguing. Now, where was I?"

"Something about my flight."

"Right, thanks. Once your flight gets in midday Friday, we're all heading for my parents' place in the 'burbs. There's a family dinner on Friday night at Aunt Helen's place and then on Saturday, we're decamping to the Delaney Dublin in time for the big party. Again, it's closer to the airport so we can make a quick escape and go to London in time for the Vogue launch thingy."

"Just a quick question, if I may. Is it you that does all this planning or Jasmine?"

"It's mainly Jasmine. Why?"

"Nothing. It just feels a little too well organised to have been something you came up with, that's all."

"Excuse me, I can plan shit you know."

"Sophie, you couldn't plan a piss up in a brewery."

"Oh, if you want, I can take you to the Guinness Factory on Saturday. See, I can totally plan a piss up in a brewery."

"Yeah, but who would book the tickets?"

"You can buy them at the door."

"How will we get there?"

"By car. Or by bus, if you want to."

"And who will organise the car, or find the bus times?"

"I'm not completely useless, Daniel. Jasmine just likes organising things."

"Mhm. So, which of you will help me plan the wedding?"

"..."

"Jasmine?"

"She has more time on her hands. Anyway, you don't need that much help planning the wedding. I mean, how hard can it be?"

"I'm going to pretend that you didn't just ask me that."

"Pft, whatever. I'm sure if I put my mind to it, I could totally plan the wedding."

"In that case, I'm glad you're leaving it all up to me. And Jasmine."

"Oh, shut up."

"Haha."

"I'm going now."

"What, why?"

"Because Jasmine's coming over to help me pack."

"She's helping you pack? Oh, this is brilliant. I could not have timed this conversation better!"

"Fuck off, Whitaker. It's not my fault that she knows how to maximise space in a suitcase. The woman is freakily good at working out how to get so much stuff into my case, it's unreal."

"Mhm. What happens when you have to repack your bag on the other end? Jasmine isn't coming with you, is she?"

"No, she isn't. I'll probably repack the essentials and leave the rest."

"Leave them?"

"I'm taking three evening gowns and five cocktail dresses and all the accessories to match. Once the weekend is over, I won't need to bring them back to New York with me, so I can simply leave them in Ireland or London. Problem solved."

"You're insane."

"Yeah, weird, insane... whatever. I still have to go."

"Right, well, are you going to have time to call me tomorrow?"

"Maybe before my flight. I'm not sure. I'll call you once we land, if you want. I may have to leave you a message because it'll be late."

"Call me whenever. I'll always answer."

"Except for when you're out drinking with my father."

"That was one time!"

"But it'll stick in my mind forever. Years from now, you'll do something wrong, and I will use this shit against you."

"Then I shall have to remember never to cross you."

"You shall. Ok, I'm still going."

"You said that two minutes ago."

"And I'm saying it again."

"..."

"Good bye, Daniel."

"Bye, Soph."