Birthday

Here's the first chapter of the weekend

Here's the first chapter of the weekend. I think I'll write another tomorrow so we can all find out what show they went to see! I would read through this to make sure that it's correct, but I'm way too tired tonight, so please excuse the mistakes!

 I think I'll write another tomorrow so we can all find out what show they went to see! I would read through this to make sure that it's correct, but I'm way too tired tonight, so please excuse the mistakes!

Turning over in bed, I come face to face with a sleeping Daniel, a small smile written on his features even when he's deep in sleep. Now that I'm back in London permanently, waking up next to this man would become my morning ritual. Yesterday, it had been strange to see him in my bed, in my house, in my personal space. 

It was strange to think, at twenty-nine, I was finally in my first serious, grown-up relationship and that Daniel had been the first man to truly move in to my home. With the others, it had been a gradual process, slowly moving their belongings in bit by bit until it seemed as if they were living here full time. 

Daniel, however, was properly moving in. Or rather, he has properly moved in. Some of his belongings are still in boxes, but for the most part, he was now living here. With me. Permanently. 

"Stop watching me sleep, Soph," Daniel grumbled as he began to stir. He blinked one eye open and grinned, that stupid smile of his reflecting on my face. It was impossible to be around Daniel and not want to walk around with the smug look of a woman that has almost everything she could possibly want. "Do you deliberately get up early just so you can be really creepy and watch me snooze?"

I laugh. "Happy birthday!" I say in a mock shouty voice. I lean across the bed and plant a wet kiss against his cheek, making him squirm. "And in answer o your question, yes. Yes, I do get up early just so I can want you snooze."

"Creep."

Within seconds, Daniel has dozed off again, a serene quality in how peaceful he looks. His dark eyelashes are flush against his naturally olive toned cheeks. His dark hair is an artistic mess on the top of his head and his chin is starting to prickle from the days old stubble that now makes him look more distinguished than he is. His lips, a naturally warm pink, are slightly parted and his breathing comes steadily, the rise and fall of his chest telling me that he was sleeping lightly. His arm is loosely draped over my waist and as soon as I make a move to slip out of his grasp, he pulls me closer to him, placing his chin on the crown of my head.