Choices

"Sophie," I groan, throwing myself backwards onto the plush mattress of the bed. Unlike in Sophie's old mews house, the new townhouse allowed for the walk in closet to be large enough to accommodate all of Sophie's clothes. That wasn't necessarily a good thing. "I don't see what was wrong with the first dress you put on."

Sophie froze as she admired the latest dress. "What's wrong with this one?"

"Nothing, Soph." With a sigh, I force myself up from the bed and walk to the wardrobe door, pressing my palms to the upper part of the doorframe. The dress Sophie wore was beautiful, but then again, my fiancée could wear a bin liner and still look utterly gorgeous. I still wasn't sure exactly what had gone down between Sophie and Jasmine, but if Soph was taking this long to choose a dress, then it had to have been a major argument. "Look, whatever is going on between you and Jasmine, I'm sure it can be fixed. So, pick a dress, put it on, and let's go. Samuel and Jasmine are waiting for us at the restaurant."

"Restaurant?" Sophie screeched. She pulled the dress from her shoulders and let the dark fabric pool at her feet. In just her underwear, she turns to me and frowns. "Which restaurant?"

Apparently, the name of the restaurant was enough to send Sophie into a spin, which then put us twenty minutes further behind schedule. When I text my brother to let him know, Samuel replied that they too were running behind. Something to do with crazy women that can't choose what to decide. I could sympathise with his situation. 

Thankfully, once Sophie had chosen her dress and kissed both Alife and Hetty goodbye, we finally began making our way to Garbo's, some fancy restaurant in Mayfair that Samuel said that Jasmine had been raving about

Thankfully, once Sophie had chosen her dress and kissed both Alife and Hetty goodbye, we finally began making our way to Garbo's, some fancy restaurant in Mayfair that Samuel said that Jasmine had been raving about. I didn't know it personally, but I had it on good authority that it was the hottest place in town at the moment. It was the kind of place that people would be on a waiting list for months to dine at, not that a detail like that would stop someone like Jasmine Gough. 

During the journey to Garbo's, Sophie fidgeted endlessly, playing with the tassels of her white dress. Ever since Wednesday, Sophie had been in a foul mood and most of her attitude was directed towards Jasmine, her closest friend. I knew that it had all started because of something Jasmine had said about my sister and from there, it escalated. However, when I asked Sophie about it all, she would huff out a long sigh, fold her arms over her chest and pout as if her life depended on it. 

"Sophie, will you please stop looking so... like this," I say, unable to think of a decent adjective for how Sophie's face was currently set. I could have said that she looked as if she'd just chewed on a swarm of bees, but I don't think she would have appreciated that. Although, from how Sophie glared at me, I don't think she truly appreciated any advice from me. Grasping her hand in mine- mainly to reassure her, but also to stop her from wringing her dress- I lean across the backseat of the town car and trace my nose along her jawline. Knowing Sophie, she wouldn't be able to resist that move. "Let's just go to dinner, you and Jasmine will apologise to each other and then we can fill you both in on what happened at today's suit fitting. How does that sound?"