November 27th 2016

"Hey, is it ok if Samuel comes to stay for a while?"

"No, that's fine. Why does he need to come stay with us, though?"

"He says he can't go back to his house because of the memories. I think he's being a little melodramatic-"

"Melodramatic? Are you serious? Gee, I can tell you never had to go through the pain of real heartbreak before."

"I'm an emotionless bastard, I know."

"While that's true, I never said that."

"No, Samuel said it when I told him that he was being melodramatic."

"I agree with your brother."

"As do I. Anyhow, he can't go back to his house and Evie says he can't stay with her because he's too miserable to be around. Going to Connie's is not an option because it's too far from London and Samuel won't be able to work on the New Year exhibit at the Gallery. So, our place is a last resort."

"Right... so do we need to cheer him up?"

"No, he needs to wallow in self-pity for a little longer."

"I think I have a better solution than to have Samuel come stay with us."

"You have a better idea?"

"Yes, I do."

"Ok, let me hear it."

"Charlotte."

"Charlotte?"

"She's been miserable since her and Brogan went tits up and now Samuel is miserable because he and Jasmine went tits up. It'll be perfect. They can be miserable together. Les Misérables."

"That's depressing. Genius but depressing."

"Shall I give her a call?"

"Is there a point? Charlotte will probably say no."

"I know of a way that will make her say yes."

"You're going to blackmail her?"

"It's not beneath me."

"I know it isn't. Has Lucas recovered from his blackmailing?"

"Oh, please. We all know that Lucas loved the movie yesterday. If he said that he didn't, he's lying. And we mustn't tell lies."

"Ok. What dirt do you have on Charlotte that you think might work on her?"

"I don't have dirt but she did make a request for something at the wedding. I said 'no' but now I'm starting to think that I may give in to her. Of course, she doesn't need to know that I was already coming round to her way of thinking."

"It's chilling how your mind works, Sophie."

"Chilling? Oh, sweetheart, it's genius how my mind works. Now, am I calling Charlotte or not?"

"Yeah, call her. What's the worst that could happen?"

"Exactly. I'll let you know what the outcome is."

"Sure. Wait! What, exactly, are you offering Charlotte in return?"

"Babe?"

"Yeah?"

"Ask no questions, hear no lies. Understood?"

"Understood."

"Ok. I love you!"

"I love you, too, you evil genius."