November 9th 2016

A/N

Well, the US election was interesting. Honestly not surprised by the outcome but a little bemused that DONALD TRUMP is now one of the most powerful people on Earth. Like the man needed an ego boost! That's all I have to say on the matter.

Ok, now onto the update- Victoria Sponge is a cake and Marks and Spencers is a luxury retailer that sells food, clothes, home furnishings, etc. I think that's about it for the need to knows. 

Love you all, 

Sarah, xx

~*~*~*

"Where are you?"

"In Marks and Spencers."

"What are you doing there?"

"Buying a Victoria Sponge."

"..."

"Was there anything else you wanted while I'm at the shop?"

"No."

"Then why are you calling? Didn't I tell you that I was going shopping?"

"No, you didn't."

"Oh, my mistake."

"You're a terrible liar. You orchestrated it so that Connie and I would be here alone."

"I did, did I?"

"That's a palindrome."

"It is."

"I don't like it."

"That's because you don't like anything quirky and funny."

"Untrue. I like you and you're quirky and funny."

"That's the height of compliments, there."

"I try."

"How is it going with you and Connie?"

"I think I've redeemed myself."

"What makes you think that?"

"I told her that I'd dance with her at the wedding."

"I thought you were planning on doing that anyway. I'm having a father-daughter dance and you were having a grandson-grandmother dance because... well, you know, Veronica."

"That's as may be, but my grandmother doesn't need to know that."

"So, let me get this straight- you're in Connie's good book for agreeing to something that you were going to do anyway?"

"Yep."

"Cunning."

"Clever."

"You know, if Connie finds out, she is not going to be happy."

"Then let's hope that she never finds out then."

"Hm. That's going to cost you, you know."

"Cost me, how?"

"My silence is worth a lot."

"How much?"

"Oh, you know."

"No, I don't. Indulge me."

"That's kinda what you need to do to me. Indulge me."

"No offence, Soph, but after the long drive back to London, sex will be the last thing on my mind."

"Um, did you hear the word 'sex' come out of my mouth? Did you? No, you did not!"

"Oh. So, 'indulge me' wasn't anything suggestive?"

"No. Unless, buying me shoes, taking me out on a date and then taking me out to a bar is suggestive."

"That sounds like an acceptable proposition."

"An acceptable proposition? In what world do you live in?"

"The world is a different place today than it was yesterday, so what world will I be living in tomorrow?"

"How id it a different world from yesterday?"

"Uh, because Trump is President? Honestly, the world is even more insane today. Post Brexit was bad enough, now this had to happen."

"Oh, that reminds me. Emma called earlier."

"And?"

"She and Adam are moving to London."

"Because of Trump?"

"No, because she's..."

"She's what? Is Emma pregnant? Am I getting a niece or nephew?"

"Excited much?"

"Wait, she's actually pregnant? She didn't look it over the weekend."

"No, she isn't."

"She's not?"

"No."

"But... why are they moving back? You kinda trailed off like you started saying something you shouldn't have been sharing."

"Oh, no, sorry. I got distracted by the sell by date on the Victoria Sponge."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah. Anyway, they're moving back because Emma accepted a job with my mother."

"Emma's going to work for your mother?"

"Yep."

"Why?"

"Because Mum asked. And Emma said yes."

"I think I prefer to believe that they're moving here to get away from Trump."

"You believe that then. Right, are you sure you don't want anything from Marks and Spencers?"

"Um... the banoffee muffin."

"I already got you one. Anything else?"

"Nope."

"Good because I just jumped into the car."

"Why did you ask me if you'd already paid and got out of the shop?"

"Hey, I asked you earlier when I was still in the shop if you wanted something!"

"Oh, yeah, you did."

"Right, I'm about to drive, so I'm hanging up. See you in five minutes, babe."

"Ok, safe drive. I love you."

"I love you, too."