August 13th 2016

"This is Daniel's phone. Please leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you."

"I'm the one that takes it out on you? That's bloody rich. Who was it, only a few weeks ago, that was taking his work related issues out on me?! YOU! Talk about double standards there, Danny Boy. I know I've been highly strung this week, but Lucas is my brother. You said that you understand that but... I don't think you quite do.

Lucas has been sick all his life. There would be some nights that we'd sneak into his room to make sure he was still breathing; to make sure he was still alive. Over the years, they toyed with the whole transplant thing, hoping that they could control the CF for as long as possible, but Daniel... You weren't there last year. You didn't have to watch him deteriorate, watch him get carted off in ambulances time and again, watch as he had to go to therapy just so he could have a semblance of a normal life.

I'm sorry if my attitude has been less that polite this week. I just... Lucas has always been a part of my life and just the idea that he might no longer be here puts me on edge. I know he's having the best possible care. I do, I know that. That doesn't stop the worrying, though. Nothing ever does.

Talking to you helps. Apart from Jasmine, you're the only one that can shut me up! You can calm me down and make me see sense. I'm sorry if that's a burden on you but you did say that we're a team. You take the bad with the good. For better or for worse, right? OK, well... Um, call me tomorrow? I love you, Daniel. Sorry for being a bitch."