September 6th 2016

"My boss is a prick."

"..."

"Like, really... Nigel is an absolute arsehole."

"..."

"Daniel, are you there?"

"Mhm."

"Is this about the phone call from yesterday?"

"..."

"..."

"..."

"I was offered a permanent job here in New York."

"..."

"I turned it down."

"..."

"Now Nigel thinks I'm an ungrateful brat that's putting my maternal desires above my professional development and that I've practically wasted not only the last six months of my life, but the last six months of his life."

"..."

"And he wonders why I don't want to stay. He's a fucktard."

"So... the guy from yesterday was Nigel?"

"The one and only. I'll tell you something, I am so glad I'm coming home in a few weeks. New York is starting to get on my nerves. I miss London, I miss my family, I miss my dog... I miss you. Oh, shit."

"Are you crying?"

"... No..."

"Sophie-"

"I have an eyelash in my eye."

"No, you don't."

"I'm homesick. I didn't realise that until a few days ago, but I seriously miss home. All my things are packed here, Jasmine's brother is ready to move into my house so I'm staying at the Delaney, and I just... I want to come home. I need a hug."

"Would a virtual one do?"

"No. I need a real hug."

"Soph... Is there anything I can say to make it better?"

"Well, there are three little words that might make it better."

"I... love... alligators."

"Ha bloody ha."

"I love you."

"And I love you, too."

"..."

"You got jealous, didn't you? You thought I was with another guy, that's why you were in a mood when you answered the phone."

"... No?"

"I know Arabella completely fucked you over, but have I ever given you reason to not trust me?"

"I trust you, Soph, I do. Sometimes, it's just... There's that niggling feeling in the back of my mind. The, 'what if?' I hate it. I hate the doubts I have sometimes, especially because I know you won't do that to me. You're not her."

"I'm not that fucking stupid to go and cheat on you with your brother. Not that I would cheat on you with someone else, anyway."

"I know. So... Jasmine's brother is moving into you New York place, huh?"

"Don't remind me!"

"You don't sound happy about it, Soph."

"Bryant Anderson is a teenage pervert. He's the most perverted thing on the planet."