November 12th 2016

"Sophie?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you have something to tell me?"

"..."

"..."

"No?"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes?"

"Ok, so why is there a totally different Breitling watch in my collection?"

"There isn't."

"There is."

"There isn't."

"No? Well, let's look at the evidence, then, shall we?"

"There is no evidence. Because that is your watch. Not a totally different watch."

"First of all, the leather is stiffer."

"Leather can be stiff."

"Not when it's been worn hundreds of times. Evidence lot two, the face is completely free of any markings."

"You take care of your watch. Congratulations for being a responsible watch owner."

"Third piece of evidence- the crown is working on this watch. On my watch, it didn't, which is why it said the wrong time for part of the year and I only ever wear it in winter months."

"Ok, so you caught me!"

"I knew it."

"I took your watch in to be repaired."

"Repaired?"

"Yep. Repaired."

"Huh. Ok, that's believable."

"It is because that is the truth."

"Mhm. Care to explain why I just found a receipt for a sixteen thousand pound watch in your bag?"

"No, I do not care to explain that."

"What about the mangled up watch that's hidden in your lingerie drawer in the closet?"

"..."

"..."

"Why are you going through my lingerie drawer? Is this what you do when I'm not around? Go through my lingerie drawer and get dressed up? I mean, that's fine if that's what you like to do, but a little heads up would be good. I don't want to walk through the door and get the shock of my life when I see my fiancé walking around in my favourite La Perla set."

"You're despicable. I know that Hetty ate my watch-"

"She didn't eat it."

"I know Hetty destroyed my watch by treating it as a chew toy and I know you went out and bought another one-"

"Don't blame the dog! Hetty is a completely innocent party in all this. It was my fault. I swear. Let Hetty stay. Please!"

"Whoa... did I say anything about getting rid of Hetty?"

"No."

"Exactly. And believe me when I say that I absolutely hold you responsible for the demise of my watch. But you didn't have to go out and buy another one, Soph. It's a nice watch but I would have done without it. I have plenty more."

"Yeah, but then I would have had to explain that Hetty ate yours."

"Except she didn't eat it."

"True."

"Next time, just tell me. Don't go out wasting money on a watch I don't need."

"Ok, I'll take it back on Monday."

"Take it back?"

"You said that you don't need it, so I'll take it back."

"No, don't do that."

"But-"

"I'm going to give it to Lucas as a Christmas gift."

"What?"

"He'll like it, right? It looks like something your brother would wear. I mean, I would give it to Samuel, but he'll leave it on the Tube or something."

"And you think y brother is more responsible than that?"

"Adam?"

"Nope."

"Ok, ok... I'll give it to your dad."

"Nope, I already finished Christmas shopping for him."

"What, when? How?"

"I finished. Two weeks ago. By going out and buying him a gift."

"But we don't have any Christmas gifts here."

"I hide them."

"Where?"

"Mum and Dad's presents are with Charlotte. Charlotte's is with Lucas. Mum and Dad have Lucas' and Emma's."

"And mine?"

"You're not having a Christmas gift. Or, well technically you are, but technically not."

"How does that work?"

"Well, you're getting on, just not on Christmas Day."

"Oh, is that so? When, exactly, will I be getting this gift of mine?"

"As soon as I get that wedding band on my finger."

"You're my Christmas gift?"

"Yep."

"Oh."

"Try to sound a little more enthused, please, Daniel."

"Yay?"

"Whatever. You're impossible."

"Mhm. So, where are you now?"

"Now? We're just finishing up choosing the paint colours for the shop and then we're meeting Jenna and Charlotte for afternoon tea and then I'll be home. Why, what's up?"

"Nothing. It's just, I saw that you have this gorgeous looking lace underwear set-"

"Don't even think about trying them on!"

"..."

"..."

"I was thinking more along the lines of you coming home and you trying them on for me."

"Ah, I see how that would be the more realistic option of the two."

"You think?"

"I'll be home as soon as possible. Oh, by the way- Charlotte is asking for us to go to her shop tomorrow so we can try out some cakes for the wedding. Arnaud is getting impatient and he and Nate want to get on with planning it, so... you free?"

"Yep."

"Ok, great. Well, I better go. Jasmine is looking like she's about to kill me because I'm supposed to be looking over the type fonts for the packaging."

"Have fun with that."

"I shall. And then I'll be home so you can indulge in some fun, too."

"Can't wait."

"I bet you can't. See you soon, baboon."

"Later, 'gator."