James T. Kirk x fem!Reader

"Why do you feel the need to state the obvious Cap'n?" Scotty's drawl echoed around the silent bridge. The Enterprise had just finished an away mission that had almost gone wrong and had resulted in the death of a least one redshirt. "Scotty, back to engineering. We need to get out of here."

"The damage to the ship is extensive and it will take time." Was Scotty's reply before he left moving to yell at his workers. James turned to look at Y/N, a beautiful woman who was the same age as him. You were a communications officer who spoke numerous languages and had gone on on the away mission. Your red dress was damaged and smoking slightly, your bright E/C eyes watching the screen. The screen showed the plans for the Enterprise's escape route. "Commander L/N, go to the Medbay and get checked out." Nodding the communications officer, moved away and glanced over to Jim locking your E/C eyes with his striking blue eyes.

---Time Skip---

Jim walked slowly through the halls of the Enterprise debating on what to say his girlfriend of three years. Stopping outside your door he raised his fist to knock before hesitating and walking back down to the Medbay.

Bones looked over at his friend nursing his whiskey. "So what's wrong Jim? You talked to her yet?" Jim shook his head but did not look up. "Goddammit man! Why not? She loves you, she saved your life." Jim's blue eyes swam with tears, "She risked her life to save mine and she was almost killed in front of me. How do I talk to her?" Bones drained his drink before stating "Tell her how you feel that's all she needs to hear."

Jim walked down to his girlfriends quarters and knocked on the door ignoring the keypad he could easily override. Receiving no answer he started. "Okay, so I know you don't talk right now, I get that I just want you to listen. I'm sorry you got hurt and that I let you get hurt. I have never felt this way about anyone else before and that- that terrifies me. I lost my father because of this job and I don't want to lose you the same way. I love you Y/N." Jim closed his eyes allowing a few tears to slip down from his bright blue eyes. He moved to turn away before the door opened and you appeared with tears streaming slowly down your face. "You mean all that?" was whispered. Jim nodded before moving to take her in his arms. Moving into your quarters, Jim held you tightly. "I love you, Jim."

"I love you too, Y/N."

"Why do you feel the need to state the obvious Jim?" was your smirking reply.