Eric Beale x Friend!Reader Part Two

Eric watched as Callen cradled your body. The blood pooling around you, starting to stick. The mission has gone wrong somewhere and Eric knew Callen blamed himself. Several bullets had pieced you and silvery white top you had been wearing bloomed with red patches which seemingly disappeared on the black pants you wore. Callen's sobs which were buried in your neck staining his skin with droplets of your blood could nearly be heard over the ringing in the agent's ears. Sam checked on Eric who waved him off so he could help console his devastated partner. Devastated by your death and how he had treated you beforehand. Nell ran over to Eric barely able to hide her own tears at your death knowing it wouldn't help Eric. Eric. Your best friend just before Nell. Eric who you had grown up with. Who had your first dance and first kiss though both of you chose to stay friends rather than embark on a romantic relationship. Eric who knew you loved G. Eric who knew that G. loved you back and that he never had the chance or the courage to tell you. Now he never would.

Callen sat up in a cold sweat, recalling the mission and its end. Recalling how you danced with Eric to keep up pretences. How he wished its was him instead. A sleepy "Callen?" woke him. He hummed unable to form words. A warm hand ran itself over his back and on to his shoulder squeezing before the occupant asked another couple of questions. "Are you okay? Is there anything I can do?" He shook his head as their cheek came to rest on his shoulder. Their warm breath fanning across his taunt muscles. He felt their lips curve into a smile. "Dreaming about me?" They teased. He gave a soft grin of his own and twisted around, bringing them into his arms. Encasing them, keeping them safe and close. "Yes. But not a good dream." He didn't elaborate. You looked up at him sleep fading in your eyes. Worried nerves becoming clearer, he brushed a lock of hair out of your eyes before laying back down drawing you down onto his chest. He brushed his fingers through your hair and your eyes fluttered shut knowing he wouldn't talk about it. He pressed his lips to your forehead. "I love you, Y/N." was whispered into your skin.